WHO'S WC-43 IS THAT PICTURED????

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Ken J
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: 1941 Dodge WC-43 Telephone Installation (replica)
194? K-38 Telephone Tool Trailer
194? Ben Hur Trailer
1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 with winch

WHO'S WC-43 IS THAT PICTURED????

Post by Ken J »

I was wondering if it is in Southern California? In any case, it would really help my job if a few "installed" pics were made available to me so I can mount my body up correctly- the frame-mating parts on mine were torched off long ago. I could also use a couple pics of the fuel filler neck and the rear bumper.

Thanks for any help!

-Ken J
KURT hIRTE

TELEPHONE BODY

Post by KURT hIRTE »

I think that truck belongs to Dave in Reno. I saw it up close at Hollister. Really nice. He may be going again this year so you could get a close up view. I'm in Costa mesa w/ some old hulks, are you close by? Kurt
Ken J
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
194? Ben Hur Trailer

Post by Ken J »

Yeah, I'm in Beaumont, about 15 miles east of San Bernardino. That's close compared to many of the others on this forum!

What're you working on?

And how do I find out about Hollister?
Kurt Hirte

Hollister

Post by Kurt Hirte »

I've been into m37's for the past 20 years or so. Now I'm jumping ship and I've got a couple of project 1/2 ton wc's and a 3/4 ton wc. Did you buy that telephone body that was on ebay? To get the Hollister info go to http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com and link to the events page. It is a great group and a lot of fun. Even if your truck is not ready plan on going to check out everybodies ride. It's fathers day weekend this year. Kurt m37kh@aol.com
Dave in Reno
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

WC-43

Post by Dave in Reno »

Hey Ken just saw you post what info do you need? Send me your email I can send other photo's Dave
Chris Davis
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Re: Hollister

Post by Chris Davis »

Kurt Hirte wrote:I've been into m37's for the past 20 years or so. Now I'm jumping ship and I've got a couple of project 1/2 ton wc's and a 3/4 ton wc.
snip...
Hey Kurt, welcome to the dark side! :)

Do you still have that 1/2 ton WC you showed me a couple years ago when I sold you that M37? (BTW, is the truck in this photo the same one I sold you, or did you restore a different one?)

Anyway, That 1/2 ton WC you showed me sure was a nice complete "unrestored" example. I look forward to hearing from you on this forum and seeing what you do with the WWII trucks.

Take care,

Chris Davis
Chris Davis
'45 WC-51
MVPA# 20000
Centerville, UT
http://www.surplustrucks.com/WC51/WC51Home.htm
Kurt Hirte

Post by Kurt Hirte »

Hey Chris, that is a different m37 than the one I got from you. I sold this truck a couple of months ago. Can you tell I was influenced by your old truck :-) ? I think the 1/2 ton I had back then was an open cab. Sold also :-) I now have 2 closed cab 1/2 tons and 2 3/4 ton wc's. The Dark Side is pulling me in deeper. Talk to you soon. Kurt
Bruce Clarke
Private

Dark Side?

Post by Bruce Clarke »

Both you guys are mixed up, M Series = Dark side!
Kurt, we already miss you on this side.
Bruce C.
Ken J
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
194? Ben Hur Trailer

Post by Ken J »

Hey Kurt:

I'm the guy who came out to your place last year to pick up the flatbed that we couldn't pick up.... d'oh!

I'm reassembling the engine as it just came back from the machine shop, and I'm in the middle of doing the body work on the cab. Optimistically, I think I'll be able to drive my baby by the end of July (first time- it didn't run when I bought it), and have it mostly completed by September.... :lol:

Dave, I sent you a private message, but forgot to include my email address: "kenup942@earthlink.net"

THANKD FOR ALL THE REPLIES
Kurt Hirte

Post by Kurt Hirte »

Hey Ken, good to hear you are making progress. I'm still in about the same shape :? The house is almost done tho. Send me some pics if you get a chance. Kurt

Post by Guest »

OK; how do you want me to send 'em?
Kurt Hirte

pics

Post by Kurt Hirte »

m37kh@aol.com would be great. Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing them. Kurt