rangers truck

tanker
Corporal
Corporal

rangers truck

Post by tanker »

Would someone please post a photo of Rangers truck. I have so much about it and would like to see here on the Ranger channel.
Ernest Aguilar
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Re: rangers truck

Post by Ernest Aguilar »

Here are some pictures, and there is a link to additional pictures, enjoy it's a Great looking CCKW :thumbup:

http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/eagui ... n%20RANGER

Last edited by Ernest Aguilar on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ernie Aguilar
Las Vegas,NV
WC 27 81510000 11/41
45 MB 2/45
Ernest Aguilar
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by Ernest Aguilar »

Pictures added...Bump
Ernie Aguilar
Las Vegas,NV
WC 27 81510000 11/41
45 MB 2/45
MrRoo
Corporal
Corporal

Post by MrRoo »

nice. very, very nice. :D
tanker
Corporal
Corporal

Post by tanker »

Yes, I agree that is a VERY nice truck. No ill intent to Ranger, I just wanted to see the truck. My m/v is a WC-51, nowhere that nice. One day I would like to have a CCKW. A good friend of mine just drove his from his home in Ohio to the start of the Alcan trip, made the trip and drove home. Ranger has made a good point about not much activity on this page, I jump over here often from the Dodge site just to see photos of CCKW projects. Thanks for posting the photos.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Not much activity due to lack of serious CCKW restorers.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
The Dodge Boys
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by The Dodge Boys »

A heater, Joes gettin soft in his old age. LOL. Great truck. A Dodge would love to have this truck follow it. Thanks for sharing. Very nice. Wish my Dodges had a heater. Bill.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Bill, this is your lucky day :thumbup: , I just happen to have one CC-930361, ORD-7378203 KD Ambulance Heater left for the cab, it appears to be NOS and shows evidence of 60 years of shelf wear. It is gold plated tho.

Nothing wrong with having a heater at all. It comes in handy on those cold windy Veteran's Day Parades and looks better installed where it is supposed to be instead of taking up shelf space. I have another NOS CCKW Heater Kit in the crate for sale and am willing to trade toward a NOS GI Issue Hard Cab

There was also a Post War Stewart Warner Gasoline Heater Kit that mounts on the Drivers' fender along with tons of hoses , ductwork, wiring and sheetmetal that fills up an open or closed cab. I have one stored away. I saw a lot of these installed on CCKW Airfield Tankers in the 50's at USAF Bases.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
The Dodge Boys
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by The Dodge Boys »

O I gota heater on the shelf to but my 2 trucks never left the factory with them. So I got extra pair of long johns. I owned a WC54 and enjoyed the heater on cold days to. Sure be nice to meet you one day. Take Care PS I was just asked to be on the board for the Red Ball express. First meeting this week. Bill.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Red Ball is a good club, I participate long range, 600 miles is a long way.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

RANGER's CCKW is always looking to upgrade the Data Plates in the Closed Cab located over the windshield. They must be super clean and original. I have been known to be very generous and have rare CCKW items for trading purposes.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

One of the nice things that happen is the discovery of NOS GM Issue CCKW cosmetic parts.
The door weatherstrip where it seals at the floor is NOS WWII GI Issue that I bought from Memphis in the 80s with a bunch of NOS sheetmetal and other rare CCKW parts.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

RANGER'S 1941 CCKW SWB IS 72 years old this month. It is always turnkey and gets regular PM.
It is ready for Memorial Day Parade and is my vehicle of choice to honor the WWII and Korean War Veterans.