Chev Troop Carrier in California

Ian Jamieson
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Chev Troop Carrier in California

Post by Ian Jamieson »

Folks,
apologies for not keeping to Dodge matters BUT:
I have a close friend here in New Zealand looking at a Chev 4 x 4 troop carrier on eBay (sorry my link is down and I cant get on to eBay) . I understand the vehicle is in the San Fernando Valley and wondered if any of my good friends here on the site know of the vehicle. If you have any info I would be most grateful

Cheers

Ian
1942 WC57 Command Car
1942 WC-53 Carry-All
1941 Willys MB
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Chev Troop Carrier in California

Post by Vista52 »

Hi Ian,

This could be it as Reseda it definitely in the Valley. Dave Hancock would be a good guy to talk with as he had one and he lives close by. He was at Ed's BBQ last year, so Ed (Primal 4x4) may have a contact #. Otherwise, he is over on G503 as "Sgt Hancock". If all else fails, I'll PM him over there and ask him to look over here. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1944-Che ... 53f4c3db3d
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
Ian Jamieson
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ian Jamieson »

Hi Vista,
yep, I would just about bet my....... thats the truck. I will check in with Ed and see what he knows about it. Mant thanks Vista, appreciate the help :thumbup:

Cheers

Ian
1942 WC57 Command Car
1942 WC-53 Carry-All
1941 Willys MB
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Ian, I just wrote Dave Hancock. We'll see what he says.
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
Ian Jamieson
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ian Jamieson »

Thanks Vista, appreciate your help. My buddy is kinda keen on the truck, just a little apprehensive as to condition etc. Pics look pretty darn good!

Cheers
Ian
1942 WC57 Command Car
1942 WC-53 Carry-All
1941 Willys MB
divingrocks
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
My garage: 1942 WC54 Project
1943 WC54 Donor

Post by divingrocks »

Well, if you want a REAL DODGE, there is the VF405 for sale! PM for more details

The truck in the auction used to belong to an 35th ID reencator that jumped over to the second armored (Marks unit)
"Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base... The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood."
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

I know the truck but its been a few years. Brian has it wrong again it belongs to a German Reenactor that used to run his group 35thid. Its a nice truck the last time I saw it 6 years ago. Drove nice and ran about 55-65mph on the road with the upgrades. I know Dave Hancok had a lot of work into it for Walt the owner
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
divingrocks
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
1943 WC54 Donor

Post by divingrocks »

is that the guy that actually founded the 35th reenacted? I saw the 35th sign in the back
"Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base... The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood."
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Yes he split from 2nd Armor with a bunch of guys to form 35th and then left right before 35th became 1st leaving just a few guys in 35th
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
divingrocks
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
1943 WC54 Donor

Post by divingrocks »

you gonna be at the desert battles coming up?
Ian Jamieson
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ian Jamieson »

Thanks guys, this is great.

Cheers

Ian
1942 WC57 Command Car
1942 WC-53 Carry-All
1941 Willys MB
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Sorry for getting off topic there. There is a topic on G503 listing a few things wrong. Wrong tail lights, wrong rims or tires and of course the wrong engine which is bigger.
General Chesty Puller
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Ian, I just got off the phone with Dave Hancock. Very interesting conversation as he knows the truck well. Will PM you with contact info for Dave.
Ian Jamieson
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ian Jamieson »

Hi Vista,
would you mind emailing to june_jam@ihug.co.nz. It's 5.00pm and I'm heading home for the day :thumbup:

Cheers and again, thanks

Ian
1942 WC57 Command Car
1942 WC-53 Carry-All
1941 Willys MB