WARNING-BANJO REAR WHEELBEARINGS

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

WARNING-BANJO REAR WHEELBEARINGS

Post by RANGER »

If you don't want to get screwed up and blow a lot of unnecessary money on wrong GMC Banjo Rear Wheel Bearings and return shipping costs, do not follow the advice of Farber and his minions.
Consult a professional partsperson and get the correct bearings first time around.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
motto
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Harley Davidson 42WLA, Dodge WC63, Dodge WC57, Chevrolet 1-1/2 ton 4x4. Originally an Earth Borer, Pole Setter. Drilling rig gone and truck now mounts a #7 Set Lifting Frame. i.e.: Light Wrecker.

Re: WARNING-BANJO REAR WHEELBEARINGS

Post by motto »

Can you give a little more info here Ranger. Banjo wheel bearings were/are barrel rollers that probably haven't been made for fifty years. Most professional bearing people wouldn't have a clue what you were on about.

I did hear at some point that Timken made tapered rollers that would interchange with the originals. Perhaps you have some part numbers?

The same wheel bearings used in the banjo diff CCKW were also used in the G506 trucks and also the 1-1/2 ton civilian trucks. These trucks also used the same diff carrier bearings (barrel rollers) and pinion bearings (double row ball and straight roller).

The diff carrier bearing part no from memory was F-KA11820Z. I believe there is a Timken equivalent for them. Has anyone got the number? Even better, has someone got some originals?

David
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I disagree, the professional bearing dealers do know what barrel bearing are.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
motto
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Harley Davidson 42WLA, Dodge WC63, Dodge WC57, Chevrolet 1-1/2 ton 4x4. Originally an Earth Borer, Pole Setter. Drilling rig gone and truck now mounts a #7 Set Lifting Frame. i.e.: Light Wrecker.

Post by motto »

You can disagree all you like Ranger but the facts speak for themselves. In this day and age of cut throat business, relentless cost cutting and high overheads the only thing these guys are interested in is fast moving stock.

As you say yourself, you've known a huge number of the old time parts dealers that are no longer with us. The fellows who grew up with and knew the stuff are gone. We've watched them disappear one by one and take their knowledge with them.

Bottom line. Your answer was dismissive. You have not addressed a single one of the questions raised only disagreed with one of my statements. No help to me at all. Do you begin to see the problem with this part of the forum? This is a perfect illustration of what's wrong with it. Nobody else gets a look in. Perhaps you are not too different after all from the fellow you are so keen to disparage. A one man band who believes he alone has all the knowledge and the rest of us are lesser beings.

My purpose in making these statements is purely educative. I have no axe to grind with you Ranger, you have always been civil to me. I just think that you can do so much better. Lift your game or I will do what so many others have done before me and simply not bother with you any more.

David (My real name)
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

You are not talking to the new boy on the block, barrel bearings would be no problem for an old parts hand like me or my wholesalers. Are you looking for a discount?
motto
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by motto »

No Ranger, I am not looking for a discount, I'm looking for b****y bearings!

As clearly stated in my initial post on this thread, I am looking for banjo differential carrier bearings, either original barrel rollers or Timken taper equivalents or even the Timken part number would be of assistance.

If I've misunderstood the nature of your question about discount and you are in fact offering me these bearings at a discounted price then I heartily apologise but it appears to me that you think I am merely on the make. Either way so far you have been of no help whatsoever.

David
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

It is not my fault that you cannot find bearings. I will be reordering in the near future as I am out of the races and the bearings I have are spoken for.
A reminder tho.
Business and pissing contests do not mix.
motto
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by motto »

Yoh! Way to go! Finally some straight talking instead of hyperbole, bluster and BS. There may be some hope for this part of the forum after all.

I do take your point about pissing contests though and dearly wish that you wouldn't bring it on in the first place. Nobody wins a pissing contest. It achieves nothing and that's why people stay away from this site. I was about to dump it myself as it is almost completely devoid of worth.

I was in fact looking at your alter ego Ben Dover on G 503 and wondering why Ranger couldn't be more like him. He seems far more helpful, interested and interesting. Split personality Joel?

In regards to the bearings. I can live without them. The enquiry was on behalf of a very good friend who has a DUKW for rebuild in the near future. I'm still interested but not if I have to grovel. If that's the case you know what you can do with them.

DAMN! Once this pissing contest gets started it's hard to stop! It's just too much fun and you're such an easy target. You take it all so seriously.

As a fellow enthusiast I wish you well Ranger, Ben, Joel, Whoever. I think I'm out of here like so many others.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Get over it Motto, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
motto
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by motto »

You know the really sad part Ranger? Thanks to your suffocating presence there is nothing to 'get over'.

You can stay in the room and talk to yourself. I don't think there is anyone else here.

I really don't bear you any ill will. I feel sorry for you. I don't believe you have any idea what you've done.

Goodbye and fare thee well.

David