DO-DADS

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

DO-DADS

Post by RANGER »

The CCKW looks just fine the way that it left the factory, why hang all that web gear, water buckets, (The first thing that new MV owners do when they get that beast home is get out a GI Can and strap a bucket to it. (It is a "Monkey See-Monkey Do" thing, no matter what others claim.) What's wrong with just OD and the Blue Drab USA Registration?
It took me 25 years to dress up my CCKW, I finally broke down and installed a WWII GI Issue Bridge Classification Plate. :thumbup:
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: DO-DADS

Post by Vista52 »

This could almost go into "2012 Member Rants" :!: :idea: :D

I agree with the point you're making. That's how I see things but in the end, you have to allow people to enjoy their vehicles the way they want.
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

And now that many of my WWII friends and mentors have gone, I have begun honoring them by adding their name, rank and branch of service to the sides of my CCKW. It is sobering to have known and looked up to a veteran for decades and then realizing the reality that they are now forever gone except for the memories of how great they were.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Vista52 wrote:This could almost go into "2012 Member Rants" :!: :idea: :D

I agree with the point you're making. That's how I see things but in the end, you have to allow people to enjoy their vehicles the way they want.
And, Vista this site will do well without all of the "spokesperson" angles. Army Truck collectors come in all sizes, shapes, and personalities.
The Dodge Boys
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by The Dodge Boys »

Ranger RED BALL SHOW next Friday and Saturday. Try to make it. Its gonna be grand. Great Show Great Folks. The Dodge Boys.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Would love to make it as Bob Rubino has alerted me to some rare CCKW parts that are going to be offered for the first time. Maybe someone will grab them for me.
The Dodge Boys
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by The Dodge Boys »

Tell Bob to mark them Dodge parts and I will store them away for yah. Bill.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I am all set for CCKW parts, this time around. My CCKW is just about 100% complete. It will be interesting tho, to see what he is offering. All I am looking for now are 1st Series Closed Cab Data plates in nice condition and a second SWB Spare Tire Lock to go with the NOS I bought last year.
Thanks. :thumbup: