What year is my WC56?

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
old57XLA
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC 56 42 WLA 57XLA

What year is my WC56?

Post by old57XLA »

My WC56 has a body tag numbered 4219-21665. The frame is numbered 8 1 6 99562. I saw some old charts somewhere in the past, but I coudn't nail it down to a specific time. Any idea what the hood number might have (roughly) been? When it warms up a little more here in CT, I'll be doing some painting. Here's a link to some pics of the old fellow (on the second page). Thanks for any info. Hal in CT

http://halkct.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php
I wish I had more time, more space, and more money!
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Hal:

Go over to the Wiki site for all that good info. There's even a "How To" on getting it's build sheet.

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Enigma
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Enigma »

the body tag says its a Recconnaissanse body (Command Car).
A built card is the way to go.
mannyc
Sergeant
Sergeant

i have the sister truck to that

Post by mannyc »

my command is very similar to yours. mercedes rebuild tag on both axles. large third member in the rear, small in the front. yellow bulb headlights, and french data tags too. good to see antother one coming back. mine is almost finished. im on long island. mannyc
Enigma
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Enigma »

Just looked at the pics. Sweet.
I've got a similar one.
Guess you noticed the antenne thingy being upside down and vertical?
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

Hey Manny post the original French , Norwegian data. There are the people here to translate for you. The Merc factory did a number of rebuilds of all the WCs, possibly for Korea but a lot seem to have ended up in Norway. France used a lot, but then so did the Italians, Indians Israli etc etc not to mention the Russians! The T-214 metricated was used in Gaz and Zil up to the 1980's.
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere