NOT MUCH CCKW ACTIVITY ANYMORE

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: NOT MUCH CCKW ACTIVITY ANYMORE

Post by RANGER »

I frequent TM9-801 for a little recreation as I always enjoy a good laugh. According to Farby, I have never made an accurate remark in reference to MV's, CCKW's in particular (nor has anyone else).
Also, according to Farby, all the other CCKW's restored in the USA are incorrectly done by dumb owners, and the excellent CCKW's offered by well known sellers are misrepresented and over priced.
Have you seen his CCKW, the red, gray, silver and yellow one that is in the same derelict appearance as when it was hauled in from the West Coast 10 years ago? It is a joke when it is compared to all of those poorly done CCKW's originating from Europe.
Another pet complaint of Farby is the excellent CCKW Walk Around Book by David Doyle and its poorly restored CCKW's. Maybe Farby should write a book.
He also complains about the excellent CCKW parts dealers who sell him "wrong" parts. I'm not totally convinced about those "wrong" parts he complains of are really incorrect.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Has anyone got a restored MV that has passed the Farby Test? So far all CCKW restorations just tend to spike his pablum,they all have faults and are poorly done. If you want to see a real clunker, though, take a look at his.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Farby is still nuts, claims he kickedmy ass off his site- I don't think so. His latest kick is Banjo CCKW Rear axle seals, being scarce. I have plenty, his prob is finding vendors that will put up with his antics.
motto
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Harley Davidson 42WLA, Dodge WC63, Dodge WC57, Chevrolet 1-1/2 ton 4x4. Originally an Earth Borer, Pole Setter. Drilling rig gone and truck now mounts a #7 Set Lifting Frame. i.e.: Light Wrecker.

Post by motto »

Hi Ranger.

I'm a bit apprehensive about casting aspersions on your character as I'm a relative new comer to this forum and you obviously have a good grip on the subject but there is no mystery as to why the CCKW / DUKW section is virtually dead in the water. It's not anything to do with lack of activity. There is plenty going on out there. We even have a fellow here making up new side panels and floors for CCKW open cabs that you would have great difficulty telling apart from originals, unlike the French repro's. Makes rebuilding a cab real easy.

I'm afraid you will have to look closer to home for the answer. This site is dominated by one man that has far too much to say and a lot of it is not helpful or even particularly interesting. You may find Farby bashing entertaining but there are those of us who find it childish and you do yourself a disservice by engaging in it.

The responsibility for crippling this site rests with you Ranger. 6.000 posts and counting. I don't intend this as a personal attack on you, far from it. In fact I have a sneaking suspicion that once I got through the blatherskite I would find a fellow that I could like. It's just a matter of attitude and I think yours has turned a lot of people away.

Anyhow, I bear you no ill will Ranger. I'm just calling it as I see it and maybe I've got it wrong.

Cheers, David
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Life can be a bummer, Motto, this is a fascinating hobby, I have enjoyed it more than 6 nonstop decades, was surrounded by young WWII and Korean War Veterans at first, then Army Instructors who were WWII and Korean era Ordnance types, years of contact with the hundreds of original Army Truck parts Dealers and Wholesalers, have made friends and contacts with all the professionals who make this hobby great, and supplied or traded rare parts for some of the best restorations. It doesn't get much better than that when the MV world has provided the biggest MV candy store to little old Ranger. Now getting back to what might be busting your bubble, Motto, by my distain of clueless or useless CCKW BS that tends to confuse CCKW enthusiasts.
motto
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Harley Davidson 42WLA, Dodge WC63, Dodge WC57, Chevrolet 1-1/2 ton 4x4. Originally an Earth Borer, Pole Setter. Drilling rig gone and truck now mounts a #7 Set Lifting Frame. i.e.: Light Wrecker.

Post by motto »

Life can be a bummer but fortunately for me it's not. Nor has my bubble been busted. I'm not even sure I have one. I've just been pointing out what I perceive to be the problem with this part of the forum for it is certainly lacking in vitality. There seems to be this overpowering cloying fugg emanating from a grumpy old man who obviously gets a school-boyish satisfaction from muck slinging and putting down others from his exalted position as holder of all knowledge CCKW.

I just wish he was more helpful and less judgemental and damnably opinionated. You talk about useless BS Ranger. I can do without it too. And Farby is not the only purveyor of that commodity. I rarely look at his site and only this one so often because it's an adjunct to the Dodge forum. It could be so much better if it wasn't for your negative input. Lift your game old man or step aside. In other words, if you don't have something useful or helpful to say you would be doing everybody a favour if you kept your mouth shut.

I can't put it any plainer than that.

David

PS I know you love CCKWs so you can't be all bad.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I am enjoying my MV retirement and having fun cranking up my MV's.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Still enjoying reviewing the screwy posts and long term pending CCKW restoration by Code Name "Fruit of the Loom". :)

It's fun to enjoy my CCKW restoration that has given flawless "on the road" enjoyment for nearly 30 years while "Fruit of the Loom" just sits there and pisses and moans about all that is wrong with all CCKW restorations, book publishers, and parts dealers. :)
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

There's nothing like visiting the TM9-801 site, Harbor Freight tools, cheapskate restoration suggestions.
Last edited by RANGER on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Still get a kick out of the Farby site, no complicated questions allowed.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Prerequisite for the SUSPENDED FROM TM9-801 CLUB is you have to be sane and a CCKW expert.