K51 Interior Pictures

Wolfen
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

K51 Interior Pictures

Post by Wolfen »

Does anyone know where I can find some Pictures of the Interior of a K51? I am Interested in seeing how they were Configured on the Inside. I can on find Exterior Shots. Also, any information on the Chest that were Strapped to the side would be Appreciated. Any Photo's of the Interior of the Chest would be Appreciated. Also, does anyone know if the 1941-1946 Chevy Civillian 1.5 Panel Trucks were 4x4?
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Re: K51 Interior Pictures

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

There is 1 just south of me. The problem is that its an odd ball. Whats supposed to be on it never was on it as there was no holes for stuff
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

No civilian 4 x 4 trucks, military only.

If someone was to find a panel truck that hadn't been converted to a K51 in the original batch, they would be well advised to hang onto it as a plain panel.

Not many people realise that since so many of the original panels were converted to K-51 configuration the plain panel trucks are actually much rarer than the K-51 conversions.

I don't have figure here ( does anyone have them? ) but a I think they made under a thousand of the plain panel trucks, and all but a couple of hundred were converted to K-51 configuration, making an unmolested plain panel a rare beast.

Some of the parts that were cut or removed, like the original side spare wheel carrier, are really rare.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

He restored it original sort of. It has a V8 in it different gear ratio etc. He got it about 30 years ago from his parents that bought it after WWII as a camper. I will try and get pics next time I am at his place. He is restoring a WC 5 and a WC 9
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
Wolfen
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by Wolfen »

Thanks for the Answers. I know of a Civillian 1.5 41-46 Panel Truck for Sale in the Anchorage Alaska Area. I was thinking of buying it, but since it isn't 4X4, I'll Pass. The Truck, needs to be Restored, and has a Dent on the Passengers Side. The Tuuck, doesn't Run. The Engine is laying in the back. The Oner, doesn't have a Title for it. Bill of Sale only. If you are interested, send me a PM with your e-mail and I will forward you the Contact Information.