Updated VC information

Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Updated VC information

Post by Gordon_M »

I've never been happy with the way the 1943 Dodge Master Parts List covers the 1940 Dodge 4 x 4 half ton VC military T202 code production. It's incomplete and a little misleading, but doubtless all they had space for.

I've compiled a new page with what I believe to be a full set of production figures, Instruction Manual and Parts List numbers, and I've added notes to explain where the additions and alterations come from;

http://www.gwim2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/vclist.htm

Some of the totals still don't match as individual chassis are reported as being in two production batches, but I've left those glitches in as they are derived from official Dodge sources.

The 1940 Dodge Military Survivors list, started by Steve Greenberg and expanded and maintained by me over the last six years, can still be found here;

http://www.gwim2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/vc200401.htm

If anyone has any interesting 1940 Dodge military truck info, images, chassis or production data, feel free to copy me at;

Gordon (at) Dodge.org.uk

... and I'll update the list when I can. I also have most of the T202 and many of the T203 ( 4 x 4 AND 4 x 2 ) Instruction Manuals and Parts Lists if anyone needs info, but no requests for copies of dozens of pages, please.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
EJOWest
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Re: Updated VC information

Post by EJOWest »

Hi Gordon, Thanks for the info.

Non of the MV manual printers are reprinting the manuals for the VC series?

Ernie
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

Nope, but don't worry about it.

The VC manuals and parts lists are basic at best, almost no use at all except as collectables, and for the odd scrap of extra information such as I've included on that list. Individual manuals have additional pages or sections taken out if the truck series includes both front axle joint types, extra wiring diagrammes for VC radio, amounting to a few pages difference in each manual. You'd be far better buyng the Master Parts List and it might be easier / cheaper to find an early T207 manual.

I do have one spare late VC manual here somewhere if anyone needs an original, technically for the VC 1 and VC 5, but they sell at over $200 normally, sometimes well above that. I have all three technical Manuals and two of the three Parts Lists.
Gordon, in Scotland

Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

I've just updated the prduction list ( top link in top message ) with a set of clickable links to the source material and images.

Gordon
Gordon, in Scotland