Needed: Int. M-2-4/M-5-H6 OpenCab windshield post!

All other trucks not mentioned above.
Army Dave
Private

Needed: Int. M-2-4/M-5-H6 OpenCab windshield post!

Post by Army Dave »

Howdy gang!

I'm too lazy to make them (besides...the last ones I wasn't real proud of anyway!) so I'm looking for two(2) sets of open cab windshield post for my M-5-H6's. I have the frames, just no uprights. However, I'd gladly buy your whole set frames and all if that's how you'd want to do it. Anyone have some they want to sell? (yoo-hoo...calling Dave Ball :wink: )

Also, I need a driver's door for an o/c M-5-H6 Binder as well.

I still have a few sets of repo seat buckets for M-2-4's left if you want to trade...

Thanks!

Dave
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I have new T.O. set of M-5H6 Open Cab doors and an M-5H6 Open Cab Windshield with cracked glass, the frame is perfect with the posts. Will trade but anything traded must be CCKW and ready to use.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Army Dave
Private

Post by Army Dave »

Well grovey!

...except no spare running CCKW's laying around! (got a few 1&1/2 ton Chevs out back however)

What if I traded you some "green" for those wonderful grey or MC green parts you have...what are you asking for them?

Thanks!

Dave
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

The doors are OD from New Seabee M5H6 Pipeline trucks that were surplussed in 1961 at Quonset Point.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Mike W.
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mike W. »

Can you post the Navy registration numbers on the door so I can add them to my list of Navy numbers? Thanks. Mike
Mike W.
3rd generation US Navy Vet.
Ft. McCoy, Fla.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

The doors were unmarked, the numbers were either on the cab or hood.They were obliterated by brushed on paint as required by the DRMO The Navy PDOs in the Northeast Region were "by the book". These came from Quonset Point, RI in 61. One could not get away with as much as a cotter pin picked up off the ground at the NAVY bases. At some New England Army bases, a gratuity left on a vehicle seat would go a long way. Those were the good old days long gone by. Most NAVY tactical trucks back then had registrations beginning with 94-xxxxxx

Post by Guest »

So Ranger...would you like to sell your doors and windshield assembly?

Thanks!

Dave
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Yes.
Mike W.
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mike W. »

RANGER wrote: Most NAVY tactical trucks back then had registrations beginning with 94-xxxxxx
FYI the 94-XXXXX was for vehicles up through one ton and those above got 96-XXXXX. This registration number system came about in 1950 and still in use today, the number system before including WW2 started around 1935. If the trucks were WW2 with the 1950 numbers they had gone through at least a repaint if not a rebuild because most seemed to retain their old numbers into the 50's.
Mike W.
3rd generation US Navy Vet.
Ft. McCoy, Fla.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

These M5H6 Trucks were unused out of long term storage at Quonset Point, most went to contractors for use as Crane Carriers. They were Pipe Line Trucks when surplused in 61, addition to the doors, I still have the part where the booms meet. The doors are left from a truck that the customer wanted converted to a closed cab. We had about a dozen of them, many other dealers from the New England area bought some also. There were some new Federal 1 1/2 Ton 2G Dumps released at Quonset during the same period. There is not a trace of them left. The new Federals were salvaged for their JXD engines and dump bodies. They were useless as they had single speed rear ends. They brought more profit by selling the engines and dumps separate. The 1 1/2 yard Dump body was popular with chicken farmers. I have a NOS Speedometer from a Federal on my shelf as as spare for my CCKW.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Dave,
PM me when you are ready to buy the doors and windshield.