Found some things.

All other trucks not mentioned above.
Steve K. CALIF
Sergeant
Sergeant

Found some things.

Post by Steve K. CALIF »

Please go to my ImageEvent page and look at pictures 14 (Searchlight trailer, 15 (Bomb Truck crane) and 16 (abused Jeep Trailer).
I found these at a ranch that appears to be going away. Interesting, and I think there is more to be seen, even a Jeep in a shed.
http://ImageEvent.com/goat6t4 and click on "various vehicle and stuff".
Steve
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Steve:

What do ya mean by going away? :? Is this stuff goin up for sale? Scraped (I hope not)? Giving it away? BTW, do ya think you can get another shot of the searchlight trailer (full view)?

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Steve K. CALIF
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Steve K. CALIF »

Ranch is old and in the way of new housing/commercial interests, so maybe wiped off for those reasons. I have been trying to locate someone on the property to find out details but so far not successful. The place is over 100 miles from me, so not easy to hang around there.
I have added picture No. 18 of the Searchlight trailer to Image event site. You can see it is buried under lots of metal and is in rough shape. Don't see the axles with it, but could be around the ranch somewhere. I will go back to the place this week to try to find someone again. Steve

Post by Guest »

where is it? which city. i am from the San Luis Opisbo area

Post by Guest »

i know a few others on here are from other areas maybe one of us is close to the spot
Steve K. CALIF
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Steve K. CALIF »

Guest, who are you? Items not near your area. I will be back to the ranch in a day or two. Steve
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Steve:

You ain't kidding. :shock: I'm surprised you were able to notice a trailer under all that. DAMN, I wish I was closer. I hate when progress rear's it's ugly head. :evil:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"

Post by Guest »

i am wc9 wc 12 owner but somwe reason it won't keep me signed in so i post under guest. i am the one with the pacific war pictures under the dodge side and the one that started the topic about wc9s
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

ok that is me that lives in san luis opisbo and the post above. right now i am in vallejo attending school
Steve K. CALIF
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Steve K. CALIF »

Hi WC9 owner, Vallejo isn't much closer to the ranch than SLO. I have put a new post in tonight as I went back today and met the owner and son. Take a look.
Steve
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

The M-49 Rings are a good prize, note, one still has the rare M-20 Armored Car mounting brackets, these will not have any trouble finding an owner. M-49 rings are very hard to find here in the US as they have become a demill item on any that are currently sold surplus. I am quite sure that the owner is quite aware of the market for the items he has. The carrot and the stick game is an old one to collectors anywhere. You just gotta like carrots well enough,and you will get the stick.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

stuff

Post by 68427vette »

steve,, any news on this stuff? i'm itrersted in a gun ring or two, and the large WWII truck?, i'm heading west , next week, with a 45 foot flatdeck trailer,, email me at jefferychester@yahoo.com jc
Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406