BS Artist at work

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

BS Artist at work

Post by RANGER »

:)
Last edited by RANGER on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
pfarber
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: MORE CCKW HENS TEETH

Post by pfarber »

Hmmm.

Spacers can be laser cut or stamped if made of brass. Steel rule dies are cheap and will make a few dozen before they get to dull.. depending on the brass and thickness.

Why wait 60+ years when the tools to do it are at your fingertips?

Maybe it didn't bother you THAT much?

Just wondering out loud.
"The RH mirror also comes in handy to look back and see if that kid who ran across your path in a parade made it." -Ranger
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

BS Artist at work
Last edited by RANGER on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Robbo
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Re: BS Artist at work

Post by Robbo »

Spacers can be laser cut or stamped if made of brass. Steel rule dies are cheap and will make a few dozen before they get to dull.. depending on the brass and thickness.

Why wait 60+ years when the tools to do it are at your fingertips?

Maybe it didn't bother you THAT much?

Just wondering out loud.

:? Me no understand????
I love the smell of cosmoline in the morning!
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

This shit is gettin pretty thin.
pfarber
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pfarber »

Evidently there is an issue at to weather spacers (shims) can be laser cut or die cut.

Our friend RANGER does not like to think that a shim or spacer can be made with modern technology. When he said he was looking for spacers for 60+ years, I said that he should simply take one to a steel rule die shop and have them make one to stamp out (brass is no big deal) or have them laser cut if steel is the correct material.

If you send me a shim/gasket/spacer, I can, in probably less than two weeks get you however many copies you need or of just about any material/thickness you need. Laser cut, die cut, stamped you name it.

If you want to do it yourself go to www.emachineshop.com they have a free layout program and will estimate the cost and lead time as soon as you press the 'price it' button.

No one ever questions the drawing on jeepdrawcom. But evidently RANGER is offended by the suggestion that you *GASP* make what you need if you cannot find it. Its done ALL THE TIME in automobile restoration and with CCKW parts getting hard to find it only a matter of time before we either idle the trucks or make the parts.
"The RH mirror also comes in handy to look back and see if that kid who ran across your path in a parade made it." -Ranger