RED BALL MILITARY TRANSPORT

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

RED BALL MILITARY TRANSPORT

Post by RANGER »

They have a wonderful website, with pics of members and their vehicles, I am a member but am 600 miles too far to attend regular events, but try to lend support to fellow members. Plenty of CCKWs among them tho and some fine people to associate with. Plenty of CCKW tips and stories to share.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
retro-roco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: RED BALL MILITARY TRANSPORT

Post by retro-roco »

Joel,

You mentioned a website. Do you have a link handy? I have an Original Redball SOP directive that they might be interested in, if they don't already have a copy.
Kirk Gustafson
Item Coy, 23 Regt, 2 Inf Div
WWII HRS
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

It is not written down, but try this Red Ball Transport, Elder Santos.

Elder Santos was one of the greats in this hobby and spent his time in it helping others. He passed away recently, but what I gave you will google you into the site.
Your red Ball item should be of interest to Jim Gilmore and side kick Bob Rubino. Bob had comments in the book that was printed about the Red Ball Express. They are great guys-no Farbys in their associates.
Last edited by RANGER on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Bud Wheel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bud Wheel »

I'm sorry to hear that Elder passed away
I did however see and chat with him last year at Gilbert, thanks to Manny R for taking the time to pick him up and transporting him to the show for the day.

B
A small collection of period correct HMVs
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Elder and Bob Rubino made a few trips to Army Cars of Holland, and he would not fail to bring back trinkets for his friends.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Bud Wheel wrote:I'm sorry to hear that Elder passed away
I did however see and chat with him last year at Gilbert, thanks to Manny R for taking the time to pick him up and transporting him to the show for the day.

B
You just gotta join and have the Red Ball Transport membership on your resume.