Has anyone seen Rangers truck?

pfarber
Sergeant
Sergeant

Has anyone seen Rangers truck?

Post by pfarber »

OK, we are reading about Rangers trucks like there were delivered off the factory floor. NOS this, original that.

Has anyone ever taken detailed shots of this truck so we can see if the hype equals the post count?

I've asked him for pics of the parts he sells (no go.. he says he doesn't own a camera or know how to post etc etc etc).

If his truck is that pure, then it would be a great reference for the rest of us. Has anyone seen the engine compartment? The cab, the underside? That it actually exists?

I don't mean this in a mean or disrespectful way but with so few PROPERLY restored examples, and the posts he's made about his truck... I figure it should have been in Army Motors or Military Vehicles at least once...

I don't care to read about 'I've seen it'.. but pics as an example of a properly restored truck.

If you have a truck that you think is as pure, can you post detailed pics of it? The two jeeps a jeepdraw.com are kinda what I am looking for.
"The RH mirror also comes in handy to look back and see if that kid who ran across your path in a parade made it." -Ranger
retro-roco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Has anyone seen Rangers truck?

Post by retro-roco »

I suggest you contact him and arrange to see it in person.
Last edited by retro-roco on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk Gustafson
Item Coy, 23 Regt, 2 Inf Div
WWII HRS
Thundercat97
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Thundercat97 »

Some nice shots......
41 WLA Project Bike
42 CCKW 353
42 57mm Anti-Tank Gun
43 WC51
43 Diamond T M3 Half-Track
1 Ton Ben Hur Trailer
DM Carpenter
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by DM Carpenter »

Kirk:

Good post, I thought I remembered those photos. That is one heck of a nice looking truck that JG built. :thumbup:

Dave
1943 GPW 93517 "Basketcase"
1945 WC-52
1953 M-38A1 USAF then USMC
1965 D-100
BB-55 USS North Carolina LHC
..._
42cckw
Corporal
Corporal

Post by 42cckw »

Pfarber
I assure you Joel's truck exists,not only have I seen it, I have had the honor of riding with him one veterans day parade :)
That truck is joe's baby and he treats it accordingly,
She is one fine tuned machine and is all he claims it to be.
With all of the time,money,and effort he has put into his truck he has earned the right to be proud :)

JIM 42CCKW
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

XX
Last edited by RANGER on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

XX
Last edited by RANGER on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

pfarber wrote:OK, we are reading about Rangers trucks like there were delivered off the factory floor. NOS this, original that.

Has anyone ever taken detailed shots of this truck so we can see if the hype equals the post count?

I've asked him for pics of the parts he sells (no go.. he says he doesn't own a camera or know how to post etc etc etc).

If his truck is that pure, then it would be a great reference for the rest of us. Has anyone seen the engine compartment? The cab, the underside? That it actually exists?

I don't mean this in a mean or disrespectful way but with so few PROPERLY restored examples, and the posts he's made about his truck... I figure it should have been in Army Motors or Military Vehicles at least once...

I don't care to read about 'I've seen it'.. but pics as an example of a properly restored truck.

If you have a truck that you think is as pure, can you post detailed pics of it? The two jeeps a jeepdraw.com are kinda what I am looking for.
Farby,
Been following you antics for 6 years and not even the WWII Jeep trailer is done, did you give up. I remember you were painting it and the dogs tracked up the paint job, your comment was something like "it's only an army trailer" or something to that effect.
Last edited by RANGER on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samabhi123
Private

Post by samabhi123 »

retro-roco wrote:Sometimes all you gotta do is ask:

Look here for just the kind of "evidence" you're asking for! :shock:

You can see more pictures from this series at:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2262

Don't say I didn't warn you though! :lol:
Hey thanks for the pics. I too want to see these things.

Anyway if you got any more then post them also.

thanks again,
Dodge Viper 2004Dodge Headlights
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

orn? The engine? I built it myself from a bare NOS 270 bl NOS GI onents.
Tovirm believer in subscribing to the latest WWII CCKW upgrades as they add longevity and efficiency.
Last edited by RANGER on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pfarber
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pfarber »

My horn looks JUST like that one... not sure of the sound.. it does make a noise, but with no point of reference its hard to say what it sounds like. Are there any markings to look for?

I do envy that regulator. A 41 should be positive ground... or did you swap to neg ground?
"The RH mirror also comes in handy to look back and see if that kid who ran across your path in a parade made it." -Ranger
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

ge Regulator was a gift from the World's Largest Army Truck Parts Deal engine cessary to match 25 Amps to instrument panel requiring same.

Horn can be booked for solo recitals upon formal request. It has given command performances to standing crowds and traffic jams at the end of several annual Fourthame horn. They are not all that loud.