AC-T2 CCKW FUEL FILTER

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

AC-T2 CCKW FUEL FILTER

Post by RANGER »

There is a gentleman on e-Bay that has these in NOS condition, he sells Marine supplies. When you buy one of these, NOS, it is advised not to take it apart to peek into it, as it ruins the bowl gasket, and the only ones I know of are sold by Army Jeep Parts, I believe they get $5.00 for the 2-Gasket kit, plus shipping and handling.
It helps to remove the bottom plug and replace it with a #145 1/4" Weatherhead Pet Cock to facilitate draining any water that is trapped.
I do this on my CCKW semi-annualy, and have only detected droplets once in 10 years.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Some were painted Grey, others were Painted OD, some had Decall Instructions, others were printed with stamped on paint. The M-Series G-744 5-Ton 6X6 Trucks used the same T2 Fuel Filter. It was mounted under the LH Fender.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

AC used to provide the T-2 Bowl Gasket in 10 Packs, they are now obsolete and no longer stocked nor available from AC as about 5 years ago.

If you go toa NAPA or Carquest type store, you will draw a blank look. :wink:
Robbo
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Robbo »

The jeep owners seem to say the factory condition of the filter is OD top body with a cadmium or zinc plated bowl with an AC decal.

What would be the correct factory finish on a GMC filter?? I have never seen a GMC with a factory original looking filter - they have been repainted so many times it is difficult to know what is original.

I have seen generic NOS with all OD paint and the jeep finish described above - which is correct for GMC??
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

MB/GPW did have OD Painted Bowls with Decals. There is plenty of WWII evidence such as Glossy Factory photos and crated Jeeps being assembled with painted bowl in plain sight. There were plated unpainted bowls also. It is apparant that AC had a variety of different paint schemes and instructions were in both decal and stamped on lettering. Most original CCKW bowls I have seen were OD and had painted lettering that was screened or stamped on.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

There is even a later out of production and obsolete version of the T-2 that is bright blue with red instructions. It has a different spring and uses a throw away paper cartridge. Physically it is the T-2 with different inside components. I have abput a dozen of them in original boxes. There is not much evidence of wide Post War use of the T-2 on other than some Marine and Stationary Powerplants.
Ford even manufactured an "F" Script version of the AC T-2.

There are Repros out there selling for more than the real thing.

NOTE:
Beware of the AC aluminum version.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Have noticed the wide use of Inline Fuel Filters on CCKWs and other MVs. If serviced and checked like the manual instructs, those inferior "el cheapo" in line filters are not necessary, as the original T-2 Fuel Filters are superior.
A NOS T-2 was installed on mine 24 years ago and there has never been a dirty fuel or carburetor problem.
No bragging, just stressing PM.
Robbo
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Robbo »

i was looking through the Chev M6 manual the other day and noticed a clear picture of the T2 filter - it was the OD top with plated bowl type.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Same for the CCKW. Replacements during and after WWII could and would have different colored components. Some were all over gray with a decal, some were all over OD with decal instructions, or the instructions would be stamped on in white lettering.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: AC-T2 CCKW FUEL FILTER

Post by RANGER »

The AC-T2 is all that is necessary for efficient operation of the CCKW fuel system. The in line fuel filters do not trap the water in a manner that collected water can be drained.
The fuel system on my CCKW has functioned perfectly using the T-2 Fuel filter.
The key to reliable trouble free operation is regularly scheduled PM service.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

The great advantage to the OEM AC T-2 is that any accumulated dirt and water is collected at the bottom of the filter bowl and can be drained via the drain plug.
samabhi123
Private

Post by samabhi123 »

RANGER wrote:There is a gentleman on e-Bay that has these in NOS condition, he sells Marine supplies. When you buy one of these, NOS, it is advised not to take it apart to peek into it, as it ruins the bowl gasket, and the only ones I know of are sold by Army Jeep Parts, I believe they get $5.00 for the 2-Gasket kit, plus shipping and handling.
It helps to remove the bottom plug and replace it with a #145 1/4" Weatherhead Pet Cock to facilitate draining any water that is trapped.
I do this on my CCKW semi-annualy, and have only detected droplets once in 10 years.
Can you provide me the list of products you have and how much they cost?

I am really interested in these .......
Dodge Viper 2004Dodge Headlights