WTB 1/2 ton Closed Cab rear window grille

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
ThunderStick
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

WTB 1/2 ton Closed Cab rear window grille

Post by ThunderStick »

:arrow: I am lookin' for the rear window grille that was installed on some 1/2 ton closed cab trucks. It is officially called "Cab back window Grille assembly" Part # 844621. WTB if any one wants to relieve themselves of excess parts.

Thanks.
"What we've got here is ....... FAILURE ...... to communicate."

1941 Dodge WC-1, born 01/16/1941, adopted 10/19/2003
Jack Perry
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack Perry »

I believe I have one. I was wondering what it was!

Size is about 9 1/4" by 27 1/2". Good shape except for the 4 tabs to connect the grill to the body. One is good enough to use as a template. Let me know if this is what you were after.

Here are pictures of each side (if they don't show-up send me your email address and I will send te pictures to you that way.

Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Grilles

Post by Gordon_M »

There's a bit of confusion about those grilles. Some people use them to identify a cab that they are sure is military, but I think the truth is that they were an option on ALL the cabs, but only standard on the military cabs.

For example, I've never seen a military cab without it, but I have seen a mixture of grilles and no grilles on civilian cabs.

Gordon
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
ThunderStick
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by ThunderStick »

I believe I have one. I was wondering what it was!

Size is about 9 1/4" by 27 1/2". Good shape except for the 4 tabs to connect the grill to the body. One is good enough to use as a template. Let me know if this is what you were after.

Here are pictures of each side (if they don't show-up send me your email address and I will send te pictures to you that way.

J.P.:

You have the right idea, but that grille is for some vehicle other than a 1/2 ton closed cab Dodge. I'm gonna try to post a pic of the Dodge grille. It is shaped differently than yours. Thanks, anyway! :(

Post by Guest »

i am looking for a front window regulator the thing that holds the windshield.

Post by Guest »

for closed cab. i have a wc-12 and that is among 2 parts i can not find other is a heater
ThunderStick
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by ThunderStick »

Anonymous wrote:i am looking for a front window regulator the thing that holds the windshield.
Uhhhhh..... there was no regulator for the closed cab 1/2 ton military truck. Only the hold open arms that mount to the cab pillars. I have a another thread on this forum regarding that.

ThunderStick
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by ThunderStick »

Anonymous wrote:for closed cab. i have a wc-12 and that is among 2 parts i can not find other is a heater
My truck has an aftermarket heater installed. Was there when I bought it and it works good. I have seen them on e-Bay.

Post by Guest »

ThunderStick wrote:
Anonymous wrote:i am looking for a front window regulator the thing that holds the windshield.
Uhhhhh..... there was no regulator for the closed cab 1/2 ton military truck. Only the hold open arms that mount to the cab pillars. I have a another thread on this forum regarding that.

:x where is it i would like to read it. i have that square hole in the dash and according to pics i have seen in vendor magazines there is a regulator. good to know that i am looking for a part that does not exist
ThunderStick
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by ThunderStick »

Anonymous wrote:
ThunderStick wrote:

:x where is it i would like to read it. i have that square hole in the dash and according to pics i have seen in vendor magazines there is a regulator. good to know that i am looking for a part that does not exist
I have not seen a regulator installed from the factory on a WC series 1/2 closed cab truck. They have the hold open arms and brackets on the cab pillars. If a provision is made on your dash for a windshield regulator, I would suspect yours is a transplanted civilian cab. Also, in referring to my Master Parts List for these trucks, under Body, Group 18 - Closed Cab, I can find no listing for a windshield regulator.

Now, does anyone have the back cab window grille I'm looking for?

Post by Guest »

here is a pic of my truck and yes it is a wc-12. right where the arrow is there is a hole in the dash and the pic on bottom shows the part i am talking about. you have put suspission on me of the part even goes to a wc and that the hole is from something else
ThunderStick
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by ThunderStick »

OK, Guest! Here's my humble opinion:

Where you pointed the arrow on your dash is the rectangular hole provision for the "Pull-to Handle" that mounts to the windshield frame of these military trucks. Part # 452394. It is a latching tab that latches the windshield frame to the upper part of the dash. Similar to the latches on vent wings of the driver and passenger windows of civilian vehicles. In other words, it "locks" the windshield and prevents it from being opened.

It appears the parts pictures you provided are from Vintage Power Wagons parts list. I believe they combine their listings (Military and Civilian) in order to save space. This may be where the confusion comes from. It would lead one to believe that a regulator is "required equipment." As far as I know, there was no windshield regulator installed at the factory on WC series 1/2 ton closed cab military trucks.

I also see in the picture of your truck, those hold open arms and brackets on the cab pillars for the windshield.

Still looking for a back cab window grille. :)

Post by Guest »

Thank you kindly for straitening that out now I need to order that part.

Post by Guest »

have you tried midwest mil he probably has it but not cheap
ThunderStick
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by ThunderStick »

Mr. Forum moderator:

This thread can be closed..... I have obtained the back cab grille that I posted as a WTB.

Thanks ALL!

:) :) :)