Dodge parts needed

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Dodge parts needed

Post by Gordon_M »

I'm looking for the following Dodge parts, preferably no too expensive...

1939-47 Dodge panel van front seats - either / both.

1939 Dodge cab door handle (not the same as 1940-47- unfortunately)

1939-47 Dodge civilian pickup right rear fender (NOT military)

Anyone have any ? let me know at

Gordon@Dodge.org.uk
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
Mike W.
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mike W. »

Remind me when I go back out to Az. this year and I'll try to get out to look at that one panel I know of. Is a pickup fender the same as a panel?
Mike W.
3rd generation US Navy Vet.
Ft. McCoy, Fla.

Will do Mike

Post by Guest »

It's a bit complicated Mike

I need the seats from a panel truck, but I need the right hand rear fender from a civilian pickup which is completely different to the panel truck. Basic reason is I'm fitting the optional dual rear wheels to my panel van, and I can alter 'pickup fenders' to 'panel van dual fenders' a lot easier than I can extend the original panel van fenders that I have here. Just need the one right rear though, as I have a left rear here.

I also need the odd bit of rear door hardware so if the van you know of has the rear doors I'd have the lot....

Post by Guest »

Gordon, I might have the door handle you are looking for. An earlier Dodge cab was fitted to a 41 WC open cab that I have been working to put back together. What do the handels look like and do you need inside and outside? Thanks, Jay
michael L. Morrison
Private

Post by michael L. Morrison »

Mike W. wrote:Remind me when I go back out to Az. this year and I'll try to get out to look at that one panel I know of. Is a pickup fender the same as a panel?
Mike W.

If Gordon is not interested I may be. Any possibility of getting the whole truck? I live is SE AZ. :lol:
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Handle

Post by Gordon_M »

Anonymous wrote:What do the handels look like and do you need inside and outside? Thanks, Jay
Thanks Jay,

I need one 1939 outside door handle, as good as I can get it. TThe obvious difference between the 1939 unit and the 1940-47 handle is that the 1939 handle square drive has a round section turned on the middle of it - about an inch long.

It's quite a neat little trick actually, as it means you cant force a 1939 door lock by jusr ramming a square drive into the hole, the way you can with the 1940-up locks.

Anyone have a Dodge cab outside handle with a round section turned on the sqaure drive bit?

Gordon
Gordon, in Scotland

Post by Guest »

Gorden, I looked at the handel I have and it does have a rounded section close to the inside end. If this is what you are looking far you are welcome to it. You might be able to help me if you could tell me the best way to remove the civialian rectangular guages out of my 41wc. I see the three studs with nuts holding each guage, I just cant get a tool on them to turn the nut. The studs seem very fragile and I dont want to break them off. Thanks, Jay

Post by Guest »

michael L. Morrison wrote: If Gordon is not interested I may be. Any possibility of getting the whole truck? I live is SE AZ. :lol:
From what I remember of the truck there is not much left body wise that is not banged up, it has been in this wrecking yard for decades and moved around several times and I think the last I saw it the truck was sitting on top of another. I knew the owners of the yard (at least back then) and I know the place got flooded by a nearby river at least once.

Gordon, I think it had the rear doors although I'm sure banged up but the hardware might still be there as might the seats. I'll have to look and see if I have a picture of it on a floppy, if the disc hasn't gone bad as so many of mine have that had wrecking yard shots.

Stuff...

Post by Guest »

Thanks chaps,

Jay - there is no easy way to get those off, but at least you haven't broken them yet. The thread size is roughly the same as the ammeter terminals, and the only tool that will get to the top ones is a piece of thin brake tube hammered over a loose hex nut to for a sort of long socket.

Cover them with penetrant as many times as you can first, and don't be surprised if at least one shears off - par for the course.

I'd be happy to have that handle but I'd need to send you some money for it and the postage - don't suppose you have PayPal at all?

Michael, well the rear doors would be worth money to most people, but really I just need the internal sliding latch hardware that goes up and down to lock the first door to shut - if fact I only need about half of it - so if you get the chance ?

Thanks again

G

Post by Guest »

Gordon, Thanks for the information on getting those guages removed. I still twisted off several of the studs, but at least things are moving forward! I do not have a paypall acount. If you still want the handel give me youre address and I will figure out how much the shipping will be. Thanks, Jay
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Thanks again Jay, sory you lost some studs

Post by Gordon_M »

I'm in Falkirk, Stirlingshire, central Scotland.

Send me an e-mail to gordon@dodge.org.uk and I'll give you the details, but I'm hoping to move this month so no big deal as surface mail might take weeks so I can give you the 'new' address.

Might have to send a dollar of two in an envelope then, so get me a total if you can please.

Gordon
Gordon, in Scotland

Mike W.
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Stuff...

Post by Mike W. »

Anonymous wrote:Thanks chaps,

Michael, well the rear doors would be worth money to most people, but really I just need the internal sliding latch hardware that goes up and down to lock the first door to shut - if fact I only need about half of it - so if you get the chance ?

Thanks again G
Top half or bottom half, or are they the same? Don't need the 'center' portion?
Mike W.
Ft. McCoy, Fla.
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Bits

Post by Gordon_M »

Well the rear door main latch mechanism is a turning latch behind the handle, with a rod-operated latch top and bottom.

I have the turning handle mechanism, top bar, and top latch, and I suppose I could copy the operating bar, so I really just need the bottom latch that goes on the inside of the door to lock it in place. they do look to be identical, top and bottom.

On the other hand I'd take whatever you found. I don't suppose I really need another pair of doors (given the shipping cost) but the bottom 6" of both the ones I have are toast (hence the missing latch.)

I could fabricate the door bottoms no problem, but would like to get one original altch.

Gordon
Gordon, in Scotland

Mike W.
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mike W. »

Ok, I'll make a trip out there when I go to Az. later this year, after the hurricane season. Sounds about what I pictured but if you want to shoot me a pic at some point that will be fine also. Looked through some of my floppys for the panel but I have several that have gone bad and it may have been on them, will keep looking.
Mike W.
Ft. McCoy, Fla.
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Thanks Mike

Post by Gordon_M »

If the doors are OK, grab the doors. If they aren't, but some of the latch hardware is, please grab that.

Hey - if it has the original front seat I'd have that too.

If the doors are OK I'd probably bring them here regardless.

Gordon
Gordon, in Scotland