WWII JEEP TRAILER

All other trucks not mentioned above.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

WWII JEEP TRAILER

Post by RANGER »

Jeep trailers were towed behind the WCs and CCKWs during the war, and they look quite nice behind those trucks. They were even equipped with bench seats and wooden foot rests along their sides to haul aircrew to their planes. You name it and they were likely used for it. :wink:
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
FISCH
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by FISCH »

Anyone have pictures of the trailer being used as a troop transport?
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Its in one of the Osprey Korean War Series that is out of print,there were several in the series, F-84 fighter units, F-80 fighter unite, F-86s of the 4th, or 51st, F-51s, etc. br warren Thompson. There were 6 books in the series.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
FISCH
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by FISCH »

You have given me another idea for my local CAF guys... Gotta get a WC running first
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Why not toss the CAF guys into a WWII Jeep trailer full of water, that was done by many units to celebrate the end of a tour.
FISCH
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by FISCH »

I think based on the age of some of the guys the water may not be a good idea, much less trying to get them out. But hey, who knows. Right now since starting on this little endeavor I have met a lot of interesting people and really discovered some living history in my local area (beyond the tourist stuff).