british equivelent of the dodge

All other trucks not mentioned above.
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

british equivelent of the dodge

Post by Tony B »

I hope this will bring up a picture of the Morris C8 british 15 cwt (3/4 ton) having driven one and been a passenger belive me the dodge gets my vote every time.
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

Whee it works! it works! :lol: :lol: :D
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere

Post by Guest »

Well done! :roll:
morrisguy
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Re: british equivelent of the dodge

Post by morrisguy »

Tony B wrote:Image

I hope this will bring up a picture of the Morris C8 british 15 cwt (3/4 ton) having driven one and been a passenger belive me the dodge gets my vote every time.
Hi Tony

Hmmm , the Morris pictured is really, essentially a quad artillery tractor with a GS body fitted .... they must have been OK as the gun tractor versions towed a 25 pounder and limber around .. all over the place . You want heaps of torque or pulling power in that roll , the Morris had that , and the gearing to suit . Yes, a Dodge would win a speed race hands down , but how would it cope with a complete crew of gunners and a limber and a 25 pounder behind it . I suspect that the Morris' 5 speed gearbox would be more flexible in the towing role, than a Dodge 4 speed would . The British army kept those C8 G.S. trucks in service well into the post war era , that's why there are so many around , despite the relatively small number built . Disposed of in the early 1960's ... I am guessing .

Mike