F/S/: Modified M48 dash mount for MG

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
dave austin

F/S/: Modified M48 dash mount for MG

Post by dave austin »

OK.. When i got my WC-56 Dodge command car, it had a modified M-48 machine gun dash mount already attached.

I will be restoring the dodge's dash back (Loosing the cut glovebox door and putting on a full door)

Also building a step mount pedestal to replace it.

I will no longer need this mount.

Not having much experience or seeing others on any other jeeps or trucks, so I ASSUME its the real deal and was installed sometime during its military service over in Europe( truck is ex-French and a return to the states)

Mount looks like others I HAVE seen for sale on MG related sites, and in what few pictures I have seen.

Appears to be all flat metal cut and welded construction, NOT cast, but I beleive that to be correct also (Someone who knows better on this PLEASE correct me if I am wrong on this? )

Mount has been cut a bit to fit the Dodges dash/sidewall design. Nothing was done to distract from the use of this mount. Works fine with my pintle. also, one must use a modified (cut ) glove box door becuse the mount covers the opening part way. I guess it was considered a better choice in combat to have a MG that access to the glove box!!

In any case, anyone interested, please send me a note off line.

MOUNT only. (oh, and Ill give ya the cut glove box door too!) No pintle goes with it. see below for web site with a few pics. Can get more if needed.

Asking only $150 for it, plus shipping from Dallas, TX area.

see pics here:

http://public.fotki.com/dachoppa/44_dod ... ashvi.html

http://public.fotki.com/dachoppa/44_dod ... _seat.html

daveaustin2002@yahoo.com
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Dave:

That is one sweet rig ya have there :thumbup:, but it isn't a WC 56. It's a 57 or 58. :mrgreen: Drop me an email or PM.

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"

Post by Guest »

heuy ugg.

its all of the above, WC56/57/58!!

I added the winch and ww2 radio setup.

thanks for the compliments.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Price is more than reasonable.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it