FS: IHC M-2-4 parts truck

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
rwdfresno
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

FS: IHC M-2-4 parts truck

Post by rwdfresno »

This poor girl is pretty hammered but I can see there are some parts that may be of use for someone. For instance the windshield frame looks pretty clean, it does have an engine minus carb, tranny, transfer case. Has the winch and bumperettes. Most of the sheetmetal is really hammmed and rusty excet for maybe the cowl and floorpan.

Make me an offer (not looking to make a mint).

Last edited by rwdfresno on Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

There is a gold mine of parts in this truck, especially the winch as it was a pre war design and the parts for it dried up in the 50s. The old time Army dealers were cleaned of winch and front axle parts years ago. The last good source I had was Bob Martinez, owner of Down Town Truck Parts in L.A.. He is now gone but I have pleasant memories of him. We are now 30 40 years late in looking for rare WWII MV parts.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

Hi rwdfresno,

I would like to talk about your M-2-4. I'll PM you with my ph#.

Thanks

Paul
gmcjimmy1944

Post by gmcjimmy1944 »

Hi,
Do you have any wheels for the truck?
Please send any info to gmcjimmy1944@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Bill
rwdfresno
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by rwdfresno »

For anyone who inquired I have a dela in the works but have not been able to get ahold of that person for a while so I will report in this thread if it falls through.
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

is that me??

Post by 68427vette »

is it me?? the deal??? i'm still interested,, as i have space on the truck,, for one more,, jeff
Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406
rwdfresno
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by rwdfresno »

Jeff,

The truck went to Paul who is coming to get it on Saturday. Jeff we can't let you go home with a light trailer we will have to find somthing else you need lol. How about a WWII USN/ USMC Spen Water Buffalo I know you don't have one of those yet lol. Still working on that GPA a Slat Grill and a half track too but who knows when those will materialize if ever.

Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

rwdfresno:

I agree, we can't let Jeffy drive home empty. God only knows he doesn't have enough stuff yet. HA! However, do ya have anything in the way of being towed behind a WC 53 (Carryall)? I'm looking for a trailer that I can put people in when we do parades, & Jeff will be passing kinda close to me on his way home, so........ ;>)

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"