Vacumn Wipers

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
Steve
Sergeant
Sergeant

Vacumn Wipers

Post by Steve »

Has anyone got the wiper unit for the drivers side for a WC54? - looking for one or even the pair - however they must be for the closed cab ambulance. Steve
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Steve:

I think the vacuum wiper motors for all Dodge WC's was a pretty standard unit.

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ray Edsall »

G.day Steve . .Ross Prince in Hervey Bay Queensland, Australia has NOS wiper motors for the closed cab ,s They are a lot smaller then the wc51/2 motors Ray
sgtpeter
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by sgtpeter »

Hi Steve -

If you find a used motor, Vintage Power Wagons has original rebuild kits. You will need a 1/8" tubular rivet clincher to put the flapper back together, but other than that, it is pretty straight forward.
Peter

1943 WC54
piles of smelly green stuff
Steve
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Steve »

Thanks everyone for the advice - I had actually snapped off the top end of the spindle when I tightened up the nut a touch too much on the drivers side unit. I have found out that the wiper units are different on the WC54 not the same as the WC - also that they are difficult to get hold of. A piece of luck however a mate of mine has told me he has a unit that needs rebuiding so I can have it for spares. Steve
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

i found a site called wiperman.com and he sells and repairs wiper units
Jack Perry
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack Perry »

I just had 2 wiper motors for my WC-7 rebult by Wiper man (Ficken Wiper Service in NY). He did a great job, even called me to ask whether he should strip all the paint off (as he usually does) or, in my case, leave it on because one motor still had the part number stenciled on it. He though I might want to keep that - and I did. Good guy to work with in my opinion.
Jack Perry

1941 Dodge WC-7 Command Car
1942 Bantam T3 Trailer