Brass Data plates

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Steve:

You don't know how much (or how bad) I want to do just that. :( I'm afraid it's just not in the cards anymore. Before I got hurt I was on call 24/7. Any time my pager went off, I'd tell my wife that was Skedattle calling, I need to go back. :lol: Unfortunately, all the webs are gone from between my toes. :wink:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kaegi »

Well theres nothin wrong with Illinois! it is a beautiful state. Better food than WA also. Can';t get a good steak out here like you can in the midwest or the south. Steve
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Or an Italian Beef sandmich (wet, with sweet peppers). Still, I HATE ILLINOISSSSSSS! It's just to damn flat for me, and I call it the Vampire State as it sucks all the life outa ya. I was born and rasied here and have tried to leave ever since I was a little kid. I did quite a bit too, except I kept coming back.

I left your neck of the woods just before St Helens went pop the 1st time. Actually I lived where Gary on Joe's site lives. He's told me some sad tales of how built up it's gotten since then. I tell ya Steve (with the exception of Skedattle) that's the ONLY place I've ever been in this whole big wide world where I felt as if I really belonged. Oh great, now I'm getting all melancholy. :lol:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kaegi »

I have left the NW a couple times and come back. It has changed alot since 1990. at least a couple million people have moved into western WA since then. It has become traffic hell 7 days a week. I am enjoying living out here on the penninsula where there is no traffic but unfortunatley I have to drive to town at least twice a week. In the 80s I used to be able to open up my hotrods to well over 100MPH without any traffic even visible on I5. No way since 91. Not that I would do that anymore....older and mellower now. dirving Dodge trucks so as to not get speeding tickets :wink:
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Steve:

I know what ya mean. My Durango only does 116. :(

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

New set For sale, WC52

Post by Kaegi »

1958 M274
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by 1958 M274 »

I received my data plates from Steve yesterday and they are great! In my opinion they are well worth the few extra $ when compared to others on the market. Just curious, how were they originally attached? My factory plates were replaced by the Norwegians so I'm not sure if the screws are original...
Thanks,
Joe
1942 Dodge WC-51 (from Norway)
Other M-Series Vehicles
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Attaching

Post by Kaegi »

It is my understanding that the plates with the small holes are held on by screws and the plates with large holes are riveted. I just looked at the new plates and some pic and I THINK the only plate held with screws would be the Main ID plate. Gordon? Steve
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Well I'd buy a couple of sets of half ton plates.

Post by Gordon_M »

I need some too, but it would be a bit of a mixture.

I'd need a couple of half ton dash plates, an MU plate (as opposed to an MU-2) and a voltmeter plate. Could use a pickup bed plate too - so keep us informed.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Plate attachment.

Post by Gordon_M »

Simple, if you think about it.

The military serial number plate on the glovebox lid or top left on the dash (remember the 1940 trucks...) was rivetted on with blind rivets, but modern pop rivets squashed flat look OK.

All the rest of the plates were screwed on as there was no big deal if they were changed or removed for painting - unlike the main serial number plate.

Of course nobody ever changed the identity of the 1941-45 trucks just by swapping the glovebox lids - they wouln't ever think of that...
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Plates

Post by Kaegi »

Thanks Gordon, I am keeping your post for reference. I need a pic of the MU plate for 1/2 ton. All my books are 3/4 ton. Steve
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

1/2 ton Main ID Plate Pic

Post by Kaegi »

1/2 Plates coming soon. Waiting on the winch plate.

halifaxgroup
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Ben Hur Plates

Post by halifaxgroup »

Presently there are brass plates available for the G-518 Ben Hur. It appears that the plates available are for trailers that remained in the States and did not go overseas ("Domestic). According to the TM parts list I have there is a different plate used for "Export" models. Unless we were manufacturing G518's specifically to be sold to foreign governments, I have always thought that the "Export" type of plate was more appropriate for USGI Ben Hur's used by US troops overseas. Comments? Paul
1944 WC-51
1944 WC-62
1943 M-20
G-518 Ben Hur
1943 352 CCKW
M-55 Quad Mount
1942 WC-53 Carryall (Not running)
1943 Water Ben Hur (Needs total restoration)
1944 M-14 Directors Trailer