BMG cal. .50 ex. P-47 find from crashsite 4sale

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Dodge WC51 built 1942. Former 4x4 MV: Dodge WC52, LR 109 ex MOD FFR (fitted for radio) Series IIA and Series III, Series III Stage1 V8 with Ambulance Body (ex. MOD), Series II 88 ex. BGS (German Border Patrol).

BMG cal. .50 ex. P-47 find from crashsite 4sale

Post by 12th Air Force »

Hello Folk's,

I have a BMG .50 M2 Aero "basic kit" for sale at eGun.
It's the housing (sandblasted and galvanized) with a used top cover.
It's actually at eGun 4sale: http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=5495736

Pricetag is 459,- Euro + shipping (will ship with DPD as parcel with insurance - within EC countries only).

Joakim

Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: BMG cal. .50 ex. P-47 find from crashsite 4sale

Post by Gordon_M »

I would encourage any potential buyers to check out the legal situation thoroughly before doing anything that might cause them grief - not sure of the legal situation if you tried to bring it into the UK, for example.

What's that week in the background too? Looks a bit like an American Racing Torq-Thrust but not with that spinner on it.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Dodge WC51 built 1942. Former 4x4 MV: Dodge WC52, LR 109 ex MOD FFR (fitted for radio) Series IIA and Series III, Series III Stage1 V8 with Ambulance Body (ex. MOD), Series II 88 ex. BGS (German Border Patrol).

Post by 12th Air Force »

Gordon_M wrote:I would encourage any potential buyers to check out the legal situation thoroughly before doing anything that might cause them grief - not sure of the legal situation if you tried to bring it into the UK, for example.

What's that week in the background too? Looks a bit like an American Racing Torq-Thrust but not with that spinner on it.

Good point. In Germany it is only a "pile of spares" without any legal restrictions because it's not assembled and complete.

Except of barrels and the system (in terms of rifles) can they be sold without restrictions. Barrels have to be drilled 6 times in cal. diameter, welded (closed) in one end and on the opposite side has to be a fixed steel bolt that goes thru the barrel (welded from outside so it can't be removed).
The System is critical too: you need a Gun license for buying it - otherwise it has to be cutted or welded to make it in a irreversible way non functional. If "destroyed" that way - it can be sold without restrictions.
Looking at the piles of demobbed military Arms sold at Ciney (Belgium) the regulations are in many EC countries quite similar: the functional "key" parts are the critical ones.

The wheel belongs to my Garage colleague Milos - he has a "Frog Green Metallic" classic Mustang. :D

I think it's a old VW colour from about 1974. - You can like it or not... :lol:

Joakim
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

Reminds me of my GT350, somewhat faster than the Dodge ...

Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by 12th Air Force »

Nice! - It's always good to have a "Plan B" in the garage. :mrgreen:

Hmmm - is the grill original?

I had once a '69 HT Coupe but never finished that project.
The problem is to get spares for the 1969/70 Mustang types. It's a sort of "interim-generation" and you can't get f. ex. new doors or replacement panels (door skins) etc.
1964 1/2 up to '68 incl. is no problem at all. Same thing with '71-'73.

Have a relaxed weekend,

Joakim

PS: We had last Sunday some nice Mustangs in place: See: http://www.steel-toys.com/KB15
DM Carpenter
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by DM Carpenter »

In the States, the left side plate 'is' the machine gun.

DC
1943 GPW 93517 "Basketcase"
1945 WC-52
1953 M-38A1 USAF then USMC
1965 D-100
BB-55 USS North Carolina LHC
..._