zenith carb

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
jameshawke
Sergeant
Sergeant
My garage: WC 1
WC53
WC 56
MB Jeep

zenith carb

Post by jameshawke »

Dear all

Im restoring a Dodge Wc53 and at the moment have a Ball and Ball carb, it seems to run rich, smoking a lot, and continues to have that Dodge flat spot when you press the gas peddle, we have played around with the float hight in the chamber, but still the truck smokes, and misses on that flat spot.

Is this the correct carb?

I have a Zenith carb on my Wc56 Command car and I've never had a running problem in 15years.

kind regards

james Hawke
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Re: zenith carb

Post by Ray Edsall »

G,Day James . I have a zenith 29 on my Carryall . I believe that all carryall,s were built with that carby . Ray
Ian Jamieson
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Re: zenith carb

Post by Ian Jamieson »

Hi James,
I'm with Ray on this, both my Carry-All and WC 57 have the Zenith. I do have a slight hesitation on both on accleration but otherwise no problem.

I believe the WC 53's were discontinued in early(ish) 1942 so suspect the correect carb for all 53's will be the Zenith. Be careful when buying a Zenith, that same basic model was used on a number of vehicles so you need a model 29.

I suspect you may have the wrong main jet in the B&B carb. I don't know what the jet is supposed to be, but in the Zenith its 0.045" diameter.

If you are talking about black smoke, then yes, thats running rich.

Cheers
Ian
1942 WC57 Command Car
1942 WC-53 Carry-All
1941 Willys MB