1943 Ben Hur Gerstenlanger Trailer for Sale

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
TimS
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC52
WC57

1943 Ben Hur Gerstenlanger Trailer for Sale

Post by TimS »

WWII Ben Hur Trailer G518, built by Gerstenlanger Co., Model "A" , Serial # 16276, DOD 6-24-43. This Ben Hur has the lunette and wheel assembly which are the by far the most difficult/ impossible parts to find. Notes: the handbrake assembly is complete along with the cable; has the original dataplates; tailgate pins and chains are original ; landing wheel rolls and turns freely in any direction; the pin in the landing leg is stuck ; I removed the taillight brackets, blackout light switch and the trailer chains* to sell separately, but decided to sell the trailer as I found it, so those are included as well; the two front pockets will need repair; other pockets are straight and in very good shape; front panel needs repair; fenders are good ; bedsides and front panel are straight; tail gate is in great shape, moves freely, has a little bend in the upper left corner (doesn’t impede securing) ; all the tie down rings are present; rims and tires are good; the brake drums were removed for some reason ; the front part of the floor will need work as well as the channel underneath it (see photos); the frame has some surface rust but seems to be in good shape & straight. Please look at the photos so you can see what I have described.
* The trailer chains are longer that normal and after closer inspection and comparing them to the ones on my other Ben Hur, I believe they were modified making them longer. The original hooks and wedges each have two original links and a slightly smaller chain was added in between for length. My originals chains minus hook and wedge measure 19 1/4 and these are 55 1/2 . Whoever grafted these did nice job.
I will not part this out, so please don’t ask (been asked a few times). If I sold off the most desirable parts, then I’m left with what everyone else has.
There is no title for it, just a bill of sale. Sold as is. I can store this for free for a while.
Price is $1400. Located in Billerica, MA.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79127726@N02/
TimS
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC52
WC57

Re: 1943 Ben Hur Gerstenlanger Trailer for Sale

Post by TimS »

No one interested...