Carryall Antenna base + ceramic insulators

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
jameshawke
Sergeant
Sergeant
My garage: WC 1
WC53
WC 56
MB Jeep

Carryall Antenna base + ceramic insulators

Post by jameshawke »

Dear all

I'm looking for a Carryall antenna base and the ceramic insulators to go either side of the body.
I have seen a squat BG-67 Antenna Base, with large ceramic base, which does not stick up to high above the roof line.

I was just wondering if any one knows of one for sale?

Kind regards
James Hawke
beepbeep
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: 1944 WC51

Re: Carryall Antenna base + ceramic insulators

Post by beepbeep »

Hi James,

The BG-67 is a mast base cover used on MP-57 mast bases amongst others. That style of mast base is pretty hard to come by unlike the taller MP-48's. I've bought stuff from this seller in Italy before http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WWII-Radio-Mi ... 1296000334, this listing is for the insulators only though. The base itself you could try Armyradio or Milradio in the UK or a Netherland seller on eBay, user name BC-191. Hope this helps.

Chris.
1944 WC51
jameshawke
Sergeant
Sergeant
WC53
WC 56
MB Jeep

Post by jameshawke »

Hi Chris

Thank you for the info, the small round insulators that position between the body skins are they a matching male and female fitting?
I have also seen on another Carryall the insulator used was a IN-101 but I have also seen a IN-121 do you know what the difference is?
James
beepbeep
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by beepbeep »

Hi James,

I think they are cable insulators, the 121 is specified when fitting an MP-37 or 57 mast base. Here's a couple of pages listing the parts required for a full installation with diagrams http://www.armyradio.co.uk/arsc/custome ... 193-KW.htm and http://www.armyradio.co.uk/arsc/custome ... CR-506.htm

Chris.
1944 WC51
beepbeep
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by beepbeep »

Hi James,

Just came across MP-37 bases for sale at Jeep-Dodge-GMC in France.......60 Euros plus shipping but no insulators with them.

Chris.
1944 WC51
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

I paid 250 for a 37 with insulators on eBay a few years ago. It was a steal then as insulators are hard to get. The antenna mount is for sake by flathead1946 on eBay
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
beepbeep
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by beepbeep »

wc 9 and 12 owner wrote:I paid 250 for a 37 with insulators on eBay a few years ago. It was a steal then as insulators are hard to get. The antenna mount is for sake by flathead1946 on eBay
Wow! That makes the ones in France look cheap but there again if the insulators are hard to get then maybe not.
1944 WC51
jameshawke
Sergeant
Sergeant
WC53
WC 56
MB Jeep

Post by jameshawke »

Dear All

Thank you for all the infomation.

I have managed to source an ceramic insulator IN-101 for $20.00
Also a MP-57 Antenna base/ with insulator for $170.00 delivered, from the guy in Italy mentioned above.
I found him to be very helpful and offered good service.

I'm now just missing the BG-67 Antenna bag, does anyone know of any spares ?
Regards
James