K-43 help

pmcree

K-43 help

Post by pmcree »

Anybody with a K-43 or knows anybody that would be willing to take photos and measurements of some of the parts I am missing. I am restoring mine and need a little help. Also any manuals on the truck.

Thanks
Paul in Texas
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

I had one....

Post by Gordon_M »

I don't have parts or any stuff left, but can always venture an opinion on any questions you have.

Gordon
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
pmcree

Re:help

Post by pmcree »

I need the ladder brackets on drivers side.
Pintle hook supports-how it hooks up
boom poles
center pivot where boom pole attaches-mine is crude-homemade?
wheel chocks
pole jack
rewind reel - collapsable
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Limited info, but here goes

Post by Gordon_M »

The pintle hook is standard Chevrolet 1.5 ton (I think) and the centre pivot where the pole derrick goes is just a flat fabrication with a hole above the truck floor (and one in the floor) that a pin drops through, so if that's what you have that's what it should have.

The boom poles are similar to the A-frame sometimes found on the front of GMC workshop trucks, but not the same, and completely different to the DUKW A-frame bits too. The pole derrick is four part with the two-part centre section having two loose poles which can be locked together at a series of drilled holes to give different angles.

You are probably aware, but I'll mention anyway - the same setup was found on Canadian short-nosed Chevrolet and Ford (not sure if identical though) and on Ma Bell trucks made pre- and post-war, presumably by the American Car, Coach, and Body Company like the K43 body was.

That's about all I've got never saw the original wheel chocks and so on.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
Robbo
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Robbo »

Re the manuals,

this bloke has some on CD plus I think pictures of a restored example from a museum which may help:

http://www.easy1productions.com/