CCKWX used white USA registration on bonnet

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

CCKWX used white USA registration on bonnet

Post by RANGER »

There is photographic proof that the registration painted on Bonnet and Tailgate of the CCKWX was in white.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Hi RANGER:

Where?

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

In many WWII era official Army and factory CCKWX and CCKW photos from 1941-42. I have some. It is also mentioned in Army publications from that period. Ther ain't enough hours in a dayfor me to go back thru 50 years of stuff I have to give instant documentation. I probably have Dodge proof too. What one can't do is rely on photis of picture books from the past 20 years, as there a lot of photos of collectors trucks mixed in.The Becker books are the best out there, but there are a couple of restored vehicles depicted, and some new collectors cannot tell the difference. A water bucket , rolled camo cloth,and signal lights are good clues to use in weeding out photos that are not authentic.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Hi RANGER:

I was just asking direction, that's all. I know how hard it is diggin stuff out. Speaking of which, I just got some new books I had ordered from Adirondack Dodge. :D

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"