CCKW MADE IN HEAVEN

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

CCKW MADE IN HEAVEN

Post by RANGER »

My 1941 CCKW was returned to 1574 Closed Cab Status exactly 4 years ago. It had been converted to 1619 Open Cab during a Depot Rebuild and served with the Danish Army prior to my importing it back to the United States of America with the help of my dear friend the owner owner of Supreme Surplus in Metuchen, New Jersey in Nov. 1983.
I have made some valuable friends in the restoration hobby, they all subscribe to the "two-way street" principle and share irreplaceable parts with their fellow collector in order to help their friend in need, and many times with no money changing hands. Without friends like this, many of us would have incomplete vehicles stuck in our shops.
It has been a facinating 28 CCKW years. My truck is not perfect, but is a perpetual work-in-progress close enough to claim that it is built from 100% WWII era CCKW parts. What more could a CCKW owner and historian want than that?
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it