Guide Stamped Headlights

Robbo
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Guide Stamped Headlights

Post by Robbo »

Just wondering how common or uncommon is it for the headlight buckets to have the Guide name etc stamped into the pointy end of them?

Not talking about the headlight bulb but the metal lamp housings. Some have it and some don't - is it an early/late feature - possibly removed when the Government required the removal of trademarks from government contract vehicles?
I love the smell of cosmoline in the morning!
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: Guide Stamped Headlights

Post by RANGER »

Will check my NOS and Used ones. They were used on other non GM WWII trucks too.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Robbo
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Robbo »

Anyone got stamped Guide headlights - could be wrong but am thinking it may be an early feature.
I love the smell of cosmoline in the morning!
G506
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Post by G506 »

Hi Robbo,
I have heard that the Guide stamping was a post war feature, but don't take that as gospel; just what I had heard. I'm very interested to hear everyones thoughts on this subject
1942 Chevrolet G506 dump (under restoration)
1941 Willys MB Slat Grill
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

And how will a conclusion be determined. What if the stamping is hidden by a thick layer of paint. It will not be representative to gather data fromEuro return trucks, onlt reliable data is from all those discarded CCKWs that ghaver sat in the weeds for past 50 years.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it