Mil Spec Vehicle Restorations

halifaxgroup
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Mil Spec Vehicle Restorations

Post by halifaxgroup »

At the Gilbert PA Show I was invited to tour the facilities of Mil Spec Vehicle Restorations in Belvidere NJ. Last week I had the pleasure of spending the better part of the day with Bob Rubino and Jim Gilmore. They gave my buddy and me the nickel tour.

As impressive as the facilities are, the real asset is the knowledge base and attention to detail that both of these guy’s display. It was inspirational to listen to them share information freely, and answer what must have been countless questions. They were proud to show off there work and have earned any and all accolades.

In our hobby we are fortunate to have others that are so willing to share information and knowledge that is derived from experience, not just what someone saw in a book. I find this website to have more information than most, and we all owe Ranger our gratitude for sharing his wide range of insight and advice.

Bob’s fine work was evident on a closed cab CCKW with an MG Mount that was near complete. The owner will be absolutely thrilled with the results.

You have to acknowledge that it takes a lot of self confidence to undertake the restoration of a tank, so you can imagine the confidence to undertake the restoration of three!
1944 WC-51
1944 WC-62
1943 M-20
G-518 Ben Hur
1943 352 CCKW
M-55 Quad Mount
1942 WC-53 Carryall (Not running)
1943 Water Ben Hur (Needs total restoration)
1944 M-14 Directors Trailer