CCKW 40 AMP Voltage regulator

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

CCKW 40 AMP Voltage regulator

Post by RANGER »

DELCO made an early and late 40 Amp Voltage Regulator. The late 40 Amp Voltage Regulator was also produced by another manufacturer other than Delco, they are identical except for the name tag.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
CCKW353
Corporal
Corporal

Post by CCKW353 »

I need to replace my foriegn regulator with a good clean labeled Delco regulator...ahhh the fun in putting the puzzle back together heh? :D
Mark Mason
Anderson, Indiana

GMC CCKW 353
1 Ton Ben Hur
MVPA #29624
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

And you can buy a correct WWII NOS regulator from me. I have an extra or two. There is no prob with labels, the covers are embossed DELCO.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
CCKW353
Corporal
Corporal

Post by CCKW353 »

I will keep that offer in mind. Thanks!
Mark Mason
Anderson, Indiana

GMC CCKW 353
1 Ton Ben Hur
MVPA #29624
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I include 4 new mounting bolts and GI Issue 5/16" Internal/External Shake proof Washers as specified.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

There were two versions of the 40 Amp CCKW Voltage Regulator. The first was GM-1118468 with the cover that is pointed at the ends and held on bt two knurled nuts, it was superseded by 40 Amp Voltage Regulator GM-1118502 with the rectangular cover. The changeover took place in October 1944 on the CCKW. I have looked for NOS earlier GM 1118468 Voltage Regulators for over 25 years and have turned up two, both were found at Memphis Equipment in the 90s. One is on my CCKW as of February 1991.

NOTE:
Be careful when installing these as the order of the three terminals is different. The change took place in order to standardize the terminals of all GI Voltage Regulators.
Remember, all of the electrical components of the CCKW are AC Delco, Delco Remy, or GUIDE.