"GMC un CAMION de LEGENDE"

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

"GMC un CAMION de LEGENDE"

Post by RANGER »

I just received my new copy for my library,(lucky me, it was one of my 36th anniversary presents) it has some unique CCKW photos. One of my favorites is on Page 94, it is a CCKW LWB with a High Lift body by HEIL, and shown loading a C-54 at post WWII 1950 Randolph AFB. No embellishments here, as the picture speaks for itself at this great WWII Texas airfield. It is Yellow with AF Bumper Markings that can be read. This sure brings back 40s-50s memories of the airfield across the street.

The book is excellent, although only in French, but I have been reading these good French WWII Truck books long enough to make sense out of the captions.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Guess what?? Page 94 illustrates an excellent photo of the rear of a CCKW M-27 Bomb Service truck with Composite Cargo Body equipped with flexible Splash Guards.
Note that only the rear splash guards were flexible for obvious reasons.

:!: Viva La France!!!!!! :!:
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it