Movies with CCKWs

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Movies with CCKWs

Post by RANGER »

Was there a movie from the 40s titled "RED BALL EXPRESS"??
I believe I may have seen it back in the 50s,and it was loaded with WWII trucks of all types.
The WWII movies from back in the 40s 50s depicted the vehicles in their original livery and were not tainted by todays stereotype embellishments of the new generation of collectors that perceive 4X4s and 6X6s as a traveling rummage sale with their vehicle hidden under web gear and waterbuckets. :wink:
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
42cckw
Corporal
Corporal

Post by 42cckw »

Hi O Ranger
There is indeed a movie called Red Ball Express (1952) staring Jeff Chandler , Universal Pictures 1 Hr 24 min , its a good movie lots of cckw's I have this movie and dig it out every once and awhile on a rainy day :wink: TONTO
Bert
General
General
My garage: 1943 Dodge WC-51 "old bets"
1945 Dodge WC-62

Post by Bert »

IMDB has more info on this movie.

And according to this Dutch site it will be on BBC 2 the 21st of November. Can't find it on the bbcc.co.uk though.

For those without the BBC the movie is available on Ebay
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Thank you.
I will now proceed to get a copy for myself.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Just saw a movie on TCM, "Decisions At Dawn". It was shot in Germany in the end of 1945. Tons of Allied and Axis equipment shown thru out the movie. Can't tell ya much about the movie because I was payin more attention to the vehicles. :oops: The credits listed a whole bunch of current (at the time) military personel that took part in the movie, I guess playing themselves.

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"