Chevy pictures

Dodge207
Corporal
Corporal

Chevy pictures

Post by Dodge207 »

This How we found the truck. Today we got it running after nine years She fired right up. We worked the hood back and we moved it under it's own power. We will need to rewire it and work on the brakes.
Thanks Dan D.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dodge207
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Chevy pictures

Post by Dodge207 »

More Pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
retro-roco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by retro-roco »

Dan,

Beautiful truck! And yes that appears to be the original engine! You'll notice the PCV line that runs from the oil fill tube, around the front of the engine, and back to the intake manifold. I'm guessing that you also have a deep sump oil pan, easily identified as it is usually two pieces solderered or welded together.

Very nice find!
Kirk Gustafson
Item Coy, 23 Regt, 2 Inf Div
WWII HRS
darog
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by darog »

Hey Dan,
Very nice truck!! Cab interior looks good too. Can you provide a pic of the bed area? My G506 s/n is 8NJ38-15382 with engine # BV-685910. It is a cargo with no winch and composite bed. Do you know the numbers on your truck? I would like to compare. Thanks, Roger
Dodge207
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dodge207 »

Retro & Roger

Thanks for your help. I'll have to wait and see about the oil pan until Saturday. The Block Numbers down by the starter were 8 or 6 0N3-B then GM out at the front of the block. The Motor appears to be rebuilt. Is there a place on the Frame with a Serial Number like on the Dodges? I'll try to get some pictures this weekend of the bed.

Thanks Again
Dan D.
retro-roco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by retro-roco »

Look for another number cast below the GM casting... most chevy trucks do not have a number stamped on the frame. those that do, aooear to have had it stamped either during a rebuild, or as a means of registering the vehicle as a civilian truck.
Kirk Gustafson
Item Coy, 23 Regt, 2 Inf Div
WWII HRS