Chevy 1 1/2 ton Home

Dodge207
Corporal
Corporal

Chevy 1 1/2 ton Home

Post by Dodge207 »

Well, we got the old beast home yesterday. It 2 hours to load the truck on to the trailer, We have a sticky brake on the front axle. we got it home with only one incident, the hood came free and blew open (Bent the hood) Nothing we can't fix of replace. In the coming months we will be looking for a lot of help. Like I said before I'm a Jeep and Dodge man. The truck has the dump bed and is the winch model, it is missing the PTO unit and the winch. This next weekend we will be working on getting it running. It has been sitting for about 9 years. Jeff could you post the pictures I sent you today? I'm having problems getting the pictures to size. The big Question is for today is... where is the engine ID number located on the Block? We will keep you all posted on the progress
Thanks
Dan D.
retro-roco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Chevy 1 1/2 ton Home

Post by retro-roco »

The block casting number should be located between the fuel pump and the distributor, and if I remember correctly, and stamped block number should be on a milled boss located behind the starter, between the distributor and the flywheel...
Kirk Gustafson
Item Coy, 23 Regt, 2 Inf Div
WWII HRS
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I just sold my last 7 NOS WWII issue Chev 235 4X4 blocks to Chevrolet collectors. Many have been converted to "224" CID using the 216 crank shaft. The customers are dedicated splash system enthusiasts who want originality.
I bought all of the NOS WII 235 blocks Memphis had back a few years ago, and was able to find NOS Rods Pistons, and Crankshafts for same.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Dodge207
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dodge207 »

Thank you both for your input in this matter. We will be working on getting her running tomorrow.
Thanks again
Dan D.