DON'T FORGET THE "GOOSE" TEST

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

DON'T FORGET THE "GOOSE" TEST

Post by RANGER »

When tuning your CCKW or for that matter any MV the "Goose" Test is a must.
Am trying not to get too technical for the shrinking audience. :wink:
Last edited by RANGER on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
The Dodge Boys
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Re: DON'T FORGET THE "GOOSE" TEST

Post by The Dodge Boys »

OK whats a goose test? Bill.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

When you "goose" the throttle. It is a familiar GM technician term. I picked it up in army training when I was tuning 5 Tons back in the 60s.
Am trying not to get too technical for the shrinking audience.
It's OK to goose your Dodge too, and I'll bet you learned the "goose test" without even realizing it :wink:
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
The Dodge Boys
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by The Dodge Boys »

OK thanks. when Im trying to do a 30second tune up I take the air cleaner off, Goose it and guickly hold my hand over the air horn. Helps lift some of dirt out of the carb seats. Thanks again Bill. PS :D I am in the middle of replacing the rubber weather seasl around my WC windshield, Thats a pain in the u know.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

The Open Cab CCKW shares the same inner windshield. I have a special plastic tool that I got from my auto glass supplier, that and a #2 Screwdriver, blunt putty knife, liquid dish soap, 3 hours of patience made the task a success. The weatherstrip cannot be simply be pulled in, it has to be carefully worked every inch of the way. Got my weatherstrip from John Bizal, it is excellent quality.

As far as the "Goose Test" goes, no big deal, many have never heard the term. I learn something new all the time and never tire from learning.
The Dodge Boys
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by The Dodge Boys »

3 hours OOOOOOOOO. I have all the old stuff cleaned out. You can teach a old dog new tricks. Thanks for the info. Bill.