Another CCKW still around.....

Ken J
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: 1941 Dodge WC-43 Telephone Installation (replica)
194? K-38 Telephone Tool Trailer
194? Ben Hur Trailer
1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 with winch

Another CCKW still around.....

Post by Ken J »

This has been seen by probably a few million people by now.

No interest in trying to acquire it, just thought it would be interesting to some if I post a pic. Passed it going to and coming from my Dad's memorial.

Located in So Cal near the world-famous "Tehachepi Loop", a railroading engineering feat in which the tracks cross under themselves as they gain elevation circling a hill. My brother has been over this pass many times as a freight train conductor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehachapi_Loop

The nice, dry weather here has been reasonable to the old war horse.

-Ken J
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Another CCKW still around.....

Post by Vista52 »

Hi Ken,

Here she is almost 2 years ago. Not much has changed and the sun is still shining. :)

Also the half-track in the next field.

viewtopic.php?t=2045
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

Ken sorry to here about your dad hope all is well
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
Ken J
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: 1941 Dodge WC-43 Telephone Installation (replica)
194? K-38 Telephone Tool Trailer
194? Ben Hur Trailer
1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 with winch

Post by Ken J »

Thanks very much. He was 75 and had declining health due to (in my opinion) the drugs he was required to take for the last five years. He served in the US Navy for 37 years (6 active? 31 Reserves?) and retired with honors as a Chief Petty Officer, Yeoman.

He was always very interested in my new-found hobby (olive drab vehicles) and was very supportive of my restoration efforts, as he helped found the Orange Empire Railway Museum here in So Cal where lots of train restoration takes place. Norman Johnson was Member #6 (of the original 14).

Fortunately for my two daughters, he had moved to central Washington a couple of years ago, and so they never saw Grampa with his deteriorated health.

I miss him a bit, as we always were polar in politics but he always complimented me and supported my family with kind words.

Ah well, at least all three of his kids outlived him. I would think it would be very hard to see a son or daughter die.

Sorry for the rambling!!