Anyone have a good photo of their battery tray (G506)?

daveyboy
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Anyone have a good photo of their battery tray (G506)?

Post by daveyboy »

I am seeking to replace my highly corroded tray. I talked to Bob at VoV and all he has is the cover and battery top, not a tray itself that bolts to the side of the frame.

(I have the outside frame mounted version, behind the passenger side running board)

In any case, my original is pretty corroded, the bottom half having been buggered up to form a sort of tray, but I want to create one thats closer to original.

I got a few pictures, taken by other G506 owners for me in the past, mostly far taken to show other things on a truck, and most pix have a battery in the tray, so details of the bottom are not good. I got a photo taken by one local fellow of his battery tray, but somehow, its a different construction it seems than mine....(I wonder if there are different battery trays? )

I would like a few clearer, up front shots if anyone has one. And some dimensions of the cross base supports please.
Like i said, I got a tray, its upper portion is all still there, the bottom having rusted out was cobbled together.

I need to recreate the bottom section. OR build from scratch an entire new tray....I can reverse engineer the side supports easy enough, and even grind off the threaded stud that holds the battery down. I can have the sheet metal sides and base made locally.

I just need some dimensions and pix if anyone has any.

Thanks,

Dave
"there is no sense living like Barbarians just because there is a war going on"

"Major Dietrich Wilhelm von Alsberg
aka “THE COUNT”
daveyboy
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Re: Anyone have a good photo of their battery tray (G506)?

Post by daveyboy »

Never mind. after taking off all the welded on plate and such, I had enough of a portion left to measure and draw up for a fab shop to make.

that coupled with a few photos I was sent, I recreated the tray.

I carefully ground off the original hold down threaded rod parts, and rewelded them using the original rivit on the outside. Looks pretty good.

Take a look at attached photo. Exact? Probably not. Close? very. Considering what I had, this is MUCH better.

THe base was still a mystery, as I have a few shots of one with a very shallow cross hattle channel, yet others with nothing. So I had hat channels made up as well to what I thought would work best.

Hopefully I didnt put anyone out getting me pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"there is no sense living like Barbarians just because there is a war going on"

"Major Dietrich Wilhelm von Alsberg
aka “THE COUNT”