Whats with this forum ?

daveyboy
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Re: Whats with this forum ?

Post by daveyboy »

Left something out?
Nope..... I think I said all I needed too. Hope all goes better this time around.
"there is no sense living like Barbarians just because there is a war going on"

"Major Dietrich Wilhelm von Alsberg
aka “THE COUNT”
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

daveyboy wrote:Its really funny. I cant help but comment..

First thing I notice is now that the topic individual has left this forum, is the amount of folks who suddenly started chiming in again. Coincidence? I think not. I think the attitude on this forum was to either keep your mouth shut or face ridcule, and when one fought back, it got worse and there was no winning a discussion. AND the "disciples" of said offending party (And you know who you are) would rather defend his rude and obnotious comments to good forum folks rather than stand up and say something. I never understood... Why? Was it a matter of keeping in his good favor so you had a part source? Ill bet it had a lot to do with it.

I think what a few of you who defend this particular member fail to realize is that :

A) we all appreciate good, techical input from experienced folks
B) we appreciate discussion.
C) we appreciate and like having good parts sources who know their wares

What the same few of you who come to the defense of said parties keep seeming to forget is the things that just arent acceptable, on this forum, or otehrs, or actually in every day life, are:

a) Calling someone rude names (i.e calling Paul Farber "FARBY" for instance)

He who knows that term realizes that its very derogatory, yet said recipient of this term being thrown at him took it graciously. Better than most would have. I can think of others who took this same blunt lack of respect as well, and finally left.

Let think back...hummm... "final sol***tion" perhaps? Now thats was just NOT RIGHT. Yet his followers sat back and said nothing publicly.

B) Everyone ELSE is a lousy mechanic, just because he decides to mod his vehicle
WRONG.... If you go back on posts by said parties, I was once noted as "Davey....He can talk truck" that is, UNTIL I decided to install a 5 speed and 12 volt conversion. Then I was considered MUD and started taking snips as well.

C) Constantly be-littling everyone else that does not agree with you 100%, yet putting oneself CONSTANTLY on a pedastal, with "I am the best" and " I know all" attitude. It gets old. Did he earn the right to do so? I say yes. BUT.. Like the old saying goes, "Self praise is like no praise at all"

With all that said, I think the forum is better off without him. Sorry to you "Disciples" who disagree. The man was rude, mean and disrespectful to say the least. Sometimes it just aint worth it. Did I benifit from his wisdom and parts? Of course. Just like you all. But again, it aint WORHT IT.

We should al just be as respectful as we can to each other. Otherwise, you get what happened here.
Funny, you have just demonstrated that you are much of the above.
:thumbdown:
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Bert
General
General
My garage: 1943 Dodge WC-51 "old bets"
1945 Dodge WC-62

Post by Bert »

We should al just be as respectful as we can to each other. Otherwise, you get what happened here.
Enough said.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.