Whats with this forum ?

kration
Private

Whats with this forum ?

Post by kration »

I've been visiting the CCKW portion of this forum now for about a year and wondered what is up with this forum ?
As a first time CCKW owner I originally joined this site eager to learn and to gather info for a CCKW factory restoration. Whenever I log on though I see the same postings being replied to over and over again in an endless circle and two members CONSTANTLY bashing each other and showing their intense dislike for one another like two ten year old kids.
This contributes ZERO to the hobby. Are there any moderators on this forum ? Does anyone actually care ?
There is some outstanding CCKW info on this site but when I look at other sites such as G503 or even the M29 weasel site and the interaction of members as well as the wealth of info contributed that actually helps someone in a hands on restoration I scratch my head and wonder what goes ?
Kration
44cckw
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Re: Whats with this forum ?

Post by 44cckw »

I agree,I have watched these two battle it out for several years on several different sites.This is a hobby and should be fun and interesting.Who cares who knows more about the CCKW.I go to these sites for information,Not baby games,GROW UP OR SHUT UP!!!
Harold
daveyboy
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by daveyboy »

thats why I seldom chime in anymore. To be bashed over your own personal preference as to how YOU build your vehicle, there is no need.

In defense of the forum, Ill say this: Its helpful to newbies with finding part numbers, sources, etc. To those who helped me, I am grateful.

Still, I visit the site nearly every day in hopes to learn more, make contacts, etc.
"there is no sense living like Barbarians just because there is a war going on"

"Major Dietrich Wilhelm von Alsberg
aka “THE COUNT”
Ernie Baals
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ernie Baals »

Hi
Thats why i reaaly like Dodge people the most.
We seem to be much more laid back and accepting of other Dodge poeple and there ideas :D

Ernie
The Dodge Boys
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by The Dodge Boys »

Yes er ry Boys Use Dodgers are happy folks. Have Fun and you can put a extra fuel filter under your hood and wont care. Enjoy the Trucks and Have Fun. Havent met a person i didnt like, O except that Ernie Guy, HAHA Only joking. He has all kinds of neat stuff. I enjoy reading all those posts. Take Care. The Dodge Boys. :)
Ernie Baals
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ernie Baals »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
Robbo
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Robbo »

All you happy-go-lucky Dodge people - just ask yourself this, "Who you gonna call when they come for you" - the Dodge Police that is. :lol:

I am sorry to see Ranger leave the forum - at least he kept us awake and on our toes - now it's back to Dullesville.

Sadder still to see he's pulled the pin on his older posts - kinda reminds me of the last line of Michael Henchard's will. :(
I love the smell of cosmoline in the morning!
SwampBox
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Post by SwampBox »

WOW!!! What did I miss??? Don't visit for a few days and everything is haywire.

:?
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

I am disappointed that Ranger has had a Hissy Fit and decided to leave. But his need to go back and delete posts seems a little petulant and over-the-top!...Oh well, he will be missed.
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
pmcree
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by pmcree »

It is a shame. But I run into this all over in the car world. Ranger had a lot of knowledge but he wanted to be the undesputed leader of the pack and insulted everyone, including myself. Whether he was aware of his pompus attitude of not I don't know. pfarber just got feed up and called him out. Ranger is like the guy who circles your car or truck for an hour trying to find a flaw just to point it out to you. Not saying he is a bad guy, I have friends that are that way and you just roll your eyes.

It is a shame we just can't get along.
Paul

GPW, K-43
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

In 1917 the German Army withdrew to the Hindenburg Line leaving behind a scorched earth and a sign on the Peronne Town Hall. It said "Nicht Argern, nur Wundern" or "Don't be Angry, only Wonder".

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/history/win ... dtown.html
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
FISCH
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by FISCH »

Or if you prefer Trotsky at the cease fire of WWI on the Eastern Front: "No War, No Peace".

You all gotta remember a couple of things before casting stones. There are definattely two types in the car world the "Keep em stock/ original" and the "Street Rod/ Mod" guys.

Bottom line is Ranger is of the former, but being one of the few of us being Army trained we should give some difference to him. This is not to patronize Ranger, nor denegrate Davy. I believe each 'car type' has thier place in the hobby. The underlying effect everyone wants to achieve is enjoy the hobby and pass thier unique expierence on to keep it alive.

The Model T world is having some similar problems ~ newbies like me have to re-invent the wheel unless we are lucky enough to catch an old timer willing to share. Ranger is that window into the past and how it really was done... doesn't always make him right, but does give the 1st person account.

The Mod Guys like to push the envelope and so have thier place as well particularly when those NOS or REPRO part can't be found.

I would suggest perhaps some forum etiquet (spelling????). That one we all agree to disagree. Two all comments are proffesional, albeit in jest at times. Three nothing should be taken personal and if it is then a PM to the offending party(s) should suffice.

I don't like the fact that we lost Ranger's tech knowledge from the site. It was and is his choice, and wether I agree with it, I will defend his right to share or not. Lets all remember not to take each other for granted....

I still miss Ugg.
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Undeniably he had substance but his style was somewhat peculiar.

It's a bit like the fairy tale "The Emperor's New Clothes". When we all allow bad etiquette, why be surprised when he eventually gets call on it.

My excuse was it was entertaining and not aimed at me.

Anyway, he's not gone. He has just stopped contributing it seems and confined his posts to the "For Sale" section.
Ernie Baals
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ernie Baals »

Hi All
Hes baaaaacccck
Look for Bud Wheel.
Ernie
Bud Wheel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bud Wheel »

Hi Ernie

No I'm not Ranger I certainly don't have the knowledge base he has.
But I do take the comparision as a compliment however :wink:
You and I know each other, we usually chat at several events during the year.
I do enjoy using this "alias" :)
Cheers
B
A small collection of period correct HMVs