IT'S TIME TO GO

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

IT'S TIME TO GO

Post by RANGER »

I've had a good run, but it is time to quit while the going is good.
Thanks to those who have enjoyed and shared the CCKW information, I've had a long haul with the CCKW and other MVs, including time in a few service schools at some nice Army posts, even set a few academic records and got a chance to instruct while still a student.
Restoring Army trucks as they should be is very rewarding I have lived this hobby every day for six + decades. Sharing what has come easy for me with those who were not as lucky to be around MVs as I have is even more fun.

I will continue to offer genuine parts, as they are what the collector expects.
The CCKW topic has worn thin tho and it is best to bale out of here.

Good Bye

RANGER
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
samason
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Re: IT'S TIME TO GO

Post by samason »

Ranger,
I respect your decision, but i hate to see you do it. We need you. You are one of the few left to carry on. We need you in a bad way. Not only do you represent the true CCKW but also a generation of America when it was at its best.Believe me we have gotten more from your post than you will ever know. Hell i dont even have a CCKW .... yet.
Besides the CCKW never wears thin....you know that better than anybody.
That being said i would like to say THANKYOU for all you have contributed.

Steve Amason
Thundercat97
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Thundercat97 »

I don't disagree. Over the past few weeks, I have also been spending less time reading the CCKW messages.
41 WLA Project Bike
42 CCKW 353
42 57mm Anti-Tank Gun
43 WC51
43 Diamond T M3 Half-Track
1 Ton Ben Hur Trailer
Nick Bombini
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Nick Bombini »

This is a sad sad day! I seldom post as I don't have much to offer in information, but I read the posts here all the time. I can't believe that in this hobby that is supposed to be fun, there is so much hatred and disrespect that is shown to fellow collectors. I am a young man at 19 and one of the younger collectors of CCKWs around. I was raised with the saying that if you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all. I don't always agree with fellow collectors, but I keep my opinions to myself. I don't see why the same thing shouldn't apply here on this forum that is read by thousands of people around the world.

I am going to miss the little tidbits of information that was posted all the time. I enjoyed reading some of the little known facts about these trucks. On the other side of things, while I don't plan on modifying my truck from stock other than a few safety things, I also enjoyed reading what some people do you their trucks to make them more reliable or usable or just to their liking.

Hopefully the parties involved can get past their differences and at least play nice so we don't lose some contributors to this hobby.

Respectfully,
Nick Bombini
Nick Bombini
---
'42 M7A1 Generator
'42 M7 Generator trailer
'43 CCKW 352 A2
'45 USMC mobile repair shop trailer
'45 GPW
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

Well thanks Ranger for your detailed technical contributions. :D

Gordon
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
The Dodge Boys
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Re: IT'S TIME TO GO, Happy 4th of July.

Post by The Dodge Boys »

Its not time to go. Take a vacation and come back. Always enjoyed reading your POST. Happy 4th of July. Take your truck for a ride today and it will make you feel better. Dont go say it ant so. Take Care The Dodge Boys. :)
wartruk44
Private

Post by wartruk44 »

Come back Ranger, I'm not mad you called my cargo/dump a "bread truck". It looks good with or without a loaf of bread in it! :)
1944 CCKW 353 H2 Cargo Dump
samason
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by samason »

Ive seen wartruck44's bread truck with machine gun mount, it does look good , very good. And it dawned on me why the G.I.'s would put a .50 on a dump truck...i mean bread truck...........THEY WERE GETTING SHOT AT!
Ken J
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: 1941 Dodge WC-43 Telephone Installation (replica)
194? K-38 Telephone Tool Trailer
194? Ben Hur Trailer
1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 with winch

Post by Ken J »

5700+ posts is a HELL of a lotta posts!

Thanks RANGER for all your dedication and time!! You will be sorely missed.

Best,
-Ken Johnson
samason
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by samason »

We really do need our old timers. They know stuff that you cant always find in manuals.Not to mention the respect they are due.
Tom @ Snake River
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Tom @ Snake River »

" its time to go" reminds me of a statement being made by someone comtemplating suicide and crying out for help. LOL Of course I can say that since I just got back off the ambulance from about the 4th suicide attempt we have handled this summer.

But Ranger, take a breather, kick back a while, and then return to the forum. We appreciate your technical input. A lot of us are jack of all trades and master of none. But to have one,s expertise in one particular vehicle is rare.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

[quote="Tom @ Snake River"]" its time to go" reminds me of a statement being made by someone comtemplating suicide and crying out for help. LOL Of course I can say that since I just got back off the ambulance from about the 4th suicide attempt we have handled this summer.

Very unprofessional on your behalf Tom, perhaps a copy of your comment should go to the ambulance service.
Last edited by RANGER on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

RANGER wrote:
Tom @ Snake River wrote:" its time to go" reminds me of a statement being made by someone comtemplating suicide and crying out for help. LOL Of course I can say that since I just got back off the ambulance from about the 4th suicide attempt we have handled this summer.

But Ranger, take a breather, kick back a while, and then return to the forum. We appreciate your technical input. A lot of us are jack of all trades and master of none. But to have one,s expertise in one particular vehicle is rare.

Perhaps a copy of this to your ambulance service employer is in order, Tom. Very unprofessional statement on your behalf.
My Goodness...What is the world coming to when we suggest "snitching" on a perfectly honorable EMT for a humorous throwaway line on a WW2 Dodge Truck Forum. :shock:

May be you should re-read your recent post on "Thin Skin".

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5719
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Enough of that V, time to cut the BS.
Last edited by RANGER on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Hi Tom,

My father died last year. He was an Aircrew veteran of the WW2 RAF Bomber Command. He came to America when he was 65 and lived happily for another 20 years in beautiful California.

He died in his bathroom. It was probably an hour before he was found and the EMT's arrived. They worked to revive him for an hour. They really cared about my father.

I don't know any EMT's so you're it. Thank you for what you do for us all and I hope someone like you is around when I need help. :)
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC