CCKW ETERNITY

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

CCKW ETERNITY

Post by RANGER »

Have you ever given any thought on what to do with your restored CCKW or other MVs when you decide that you can no longer drive and the time comes to consider the best home for it where it will receive perpetual care?
The National Guard in many States have Museums or Historical Collections of the military equipment used issued to them over the years.
The Maryland National Guard is one example, and in their collection is a WWII MB named "Vixen Tor". Vixen Tor saw duty with in WWII as the personal Jeep used by General Gerhart, Commanding General of the 29th Infantry Division. The 29th from Maryland, was activated in WWII and served in Europe, and served with distinction at St Lo. It was allowed remain on the books as an historical item and it is unique in that it retains its original WWII finish. I am probably a bit off subject, but am just trying to suggest a good place for your restored Military Vehicles to be permanently displayed in a military setting. All National Guard units had CCKWs after WWII.

I hope to donate my CCKW to a home in a museum along with all the NOS spares it has accumulated.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

RANGER:

Uh, you could also donate it to me. :wink: I LOVE driving the old MV's around, making folk "Rubberneck" and causing many close calls. :lol:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I thought of selling it, but can't stand the thought of it not getting it's GI PM. I have a couple places in mind where it will receive maintenance by the book by US ARMY trained museum personell and will be surrounded by other restored WWII vehicles. It will be my thank you to the US Army for training me so well.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Hi RANGER:

Who said anything about selling? I was talking about "Donating" it/them to the future "Uggville MV Museum & Fun Zone" . :lol: Seriously though, anything we get here in Uggville, needs to be able to be used for what it was designed for, and WILL be used too. If it is used, it needs to be maintained. I'm actually quite anal about that, ask my wife. :wink:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"