CCKW fetish

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

CCKW fetish

Post by RANGER »

Water Bucket on the Gas Can is one. Think about it, where did you get the idea to do yours, did you research it in a manual, or did you copy someone else. Can anyone produce Wartime evidence of convoys of CCKWS with Water Buckets?

My hangup is to have matching Wheel Nuts and Tire Valve Caps. Budd is my wheel nut of choice. Crated NOS CCKW axle assemblys that I have unpacked have had wheel nuts with Budd stamped on them.

The urge to purchase a waterbucket must be overwhelming. :wink:
Last edited by RANGER on Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

If I recall correctly even "Durab;e Jones" found a use for a canvas water bucket to top up his radiator. He didn't store his on the fuel tank though but got it out of the tool box.

If you don't know who "Durable Jones" is order video VHS168 from Vintage Video and marvel at someone who makes even Ranger look like a slacker when it comes to GMC maitenance.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

My CCKWs' headlights blink with joy at the mention of Durable Jones, they are long lost buddies. I think I will dust off his film and show it to my truck tonite. :wink:
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

How many are willing to volunteer their truck to Durable Jones for a look see? I am not afraid, and I am quite sure that mine may look different under the hood than the CCKWs of others.
I could not find my Durable Jones 1st Echelon Maintenance film last night, but did sleep thru part of the 79 minute silent FS 68. It does have good tips.

Remember, 1st Echelon Maintenance is basic driver Maintenance, which involves cleaning and inspection of vehicle for proper lubricant levels, tire pressure, gas in the tank, washing the vehicle, spot painting, etc. The next level is Second Echelon, which is maintenance done at the Company Motor Pool. Oil changes, Tune up, component changes of Water Pumps, Wiper Motors, Exhaust systems, U-Joints, all the operations on the Lube Order, etc. Second echelon does not usually get into gearboxes, engine changes, or overhaul of components.