CCKW tailpipe

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

CCKW tailpipe

Post by RANGER »

It does make a difference in giving your CCKW its' signature sound. What is neat is that mine sometimes gives off a rare smoke ring in cool weather as the idling engine warms up.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
michael

smoke rings

Post by michael »

stuck valve
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Could be, but it has been doing this a couple of years, I timed it with a Vacuum Gage, and it only happens in 30 degree days within a minute or two of starting and at idle, and then it is rare, . Most likely idle air mixture and, a little tweak of the timing, I left it at its highest point and it was steady. Todays' gasoline is not what it used to be. It will outrun most CCKWs. It is an engine I assembled from scratch with 100%NOS parts, and have about 1000 miles on it, the valves could use a little less clearance also. I just think it is cool to see it blow a ring once in a while.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it