CCKW FACTORY CLASS

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

CCKW FACTORY CLASS

Post by RANGER »

Anyone have one? Anyone restoring to "factory class" in the USA?
I have been to many shows on the East coast, have seen other WWII vehicles done to factory, but no CCKWs. So far, the only CCKWs approaching factory class that I know of, are the ones being restored by Mark Norman of Florida, and some belonging to members of the Redball Chapter. My exposure in the past few years has been limited, and I am positive there are sharp CCKWs out there. The show at Weare features many CCKWs, but most are CCKWs that have fresh paint over all the warts.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: CCKW FACTORY CLASS

Post by RANGER »

Just a reminder should you be looking for a CCKW to restore. It is best to buy one that has been restored, or one that is a recent European return, as they have been maintained to military condition in recent years and may just need minor servicing and some minor sheetmetal work.
If you are thinking of restoring a truck recovered fro 30+ years of storage in the weeds, be prepared for a considerable cash outlay as they can cost in excess of $20,000+ to completely rebuild, and the cosmetic parts are very scarce now.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

THINK REDBALL!!! JOIN REDBALL!!!
There are some nice CCKW's in the excellent new CCKW "Walk Around" book.
The Dodge Boys
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by The Dodge Boys »

oNE PROBLEM I LIKE TO US AND RUN MY TRUCKS, SO IF ITS A FACTORY RESTORED TO SHINNY CONDITION, ITS HARD TO HAVE THE GANG JUMP IN WHEN YOUR IN THE MUD AND THE GERMANS ARE ADVANCING. BUT THERE VERY NICE. BILL. :D ALSO WHAT GOOD IS HAVE A TRUCK IF IT JUST SITS IN THE GARAGE LOOKING OUT. :?
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Mine sits in the shop looking out. It does not go out in the rain, or get trips to the gravel pit, driven in the mud, nor is it used to play soldier. It does get used for ceremonies, parades and patriotic indoor shopping mall displays.