CCKWX Wreckers

Robbo
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

CCKWX Wreckers

Post by Robbo »

Looking through the CCKWX parts book TM10-1104, I notice that 18 trucks were delivered and described as wreckers with the appropriate hood numbers from W-001272 to W-001289. In the Master Parts Book they are described as Cargo-bodied trucks so I guess they were just the Set Number 7 jib. The AHCO photo collection (now almost ruined with an intrusive watermark policy) has a picture of a jib truck but it has the Cargo hood numbers.

I don't think any CCKW's were delivered as wreckers.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

The Set #7 was available as a kit, installation on a standard contract Cargo Truck with the USA registration numbers beginning with 4 would not necessitate changing the registration numbers to an Ordnance issue truck. It just was not done.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Robbo
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Robbo »

There seems to be more set number 7's in Europe than anywhere else but many of them are French-manufactured.

I think the originals were made by Carnegie with Yale-brand chain blocks - can anyone confirm.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I've seen them right up into the 90s on M-35 Reo trucks.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it