two M5H6 international fire trucks for sale

All other trucks not mentioned above.
mvdude
Sergeant
Sergeant

two M5H6 international fire trucks for sale

Post by mvdude »

in california, on is a winch model, looks original. the other looks like a rebody. Maybe someone can pick both up for the 4500 thay are asking on each, as that price seems way too high.

http://www.barstowtruckparts.com/inventory.asp they are in the fire truck for sale section
Bob Stopka ( MVPA 3986 )
gmcjimmy1944
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Re: two M5H6 international fire trucks for sale

Post by gmcjimmy1944 »

I tried to buy the crash truck with winch from them over a year ago. I offered $2k but they said no, their price is firm. Those trucks probably will become field ornaments because they will not sell at their asking price.
Bill
Ken J
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: 1941 Dodge WC-43 Telephone Installation (replica)
194? K-38 Telephone Tool Trailer
194? Ben Hur Trailer
1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 with winch

Post by Ken J »

What's it like trying to get drivetrain parts for those???
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

i dont see that the prices are out of line.. $2000 is what it would at LEAST SCRAP FOR!!! surely it s worth more than that??? with all the airshow,, buy one, get free admission for life to all AIR shows!! and GREAT PHOTOS with all the BOMBERS!!! its well worth it,, i'd buy both,, but they are along ways away!!! i still may,, looks like long term storage is NOT a problem,, way cool trucks!!!!!!!!!!! my 2 cents jc
Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406
gmcjimmy1944
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by gmcjimmy1944 »

68427vette,
They are overpriced that is why they have been sitting there for years and years and this is coming from you who dissed my SWB cckw as being overpriced!!
Bill
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Face it, some trucks are a tired piece of junk that the owner suddenly believes to be valuable after seeing a pristine restoration. The M5H6 is a potential money pit when it comes to the parts that make them stop, go and look good.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

i just dont see any real heavy value in a standard cckw, to me its like a JEEP.. for my purposes, the speciality trucks is what i'm collecting, for diaoramas, i can call 10-20 people and have a cckw or jeep at an event, if i need one, i bought the cckw - compressor truck for 8500, instead,, and a few more trucks(afxw),, oh, and i already have a few cckws already., almost all the varients.

Have you found as airborne cab for that truck yet? i have a few leads,,, on about 6 parts trucks...or a wwii airborne bed? (the regular beds show up,, i ve never seen a airborne cut down cab yet. or airborne bed.) jaap in europe might know,, he's getting some M20 and C2 federal wrecker parts shipped over for me,, as for over prices,, you could of had 3 other closed cabs or another open cab,, for a bit less,,
Hey if two people are happy, its a good deal. :thumbup: RIGHT????
i find it childish/funny for the gloating of such a GREAT SALE and GREAT DEAL., SERIOUSLY????? no, really???? was it such a great deal to find a cckw, running, with alot of incorrrect parts for under $5000?????

REALLY???? holy cow, stop the press!!!!!!!!!!!! man,, i wont sleep tonight, knowing i missed on such a great deal, on one of the most prodused trucks(an incorrectly RE-BODIED , post war bedded, REBUILT truck for $5000)

hey, you lived close, correct? you drove it home, correct? good for you? it would have cost an additional $1000-1500 for me to get it home,, location location location,,, if the truck was AIRBORNE correct, i'd paid $10,000. easliy!!!!!!
BUT i bought another nice correct truck, wwii bed, cab, data plates for $3500, i'd been in the 5-6500 range on your incorrect truck .

keep kickin the dead horse hear and on other forums..
ps i'm not the only one saying it was over priced.. he also lowered it... a few times.
people have different taste, ive had all the jeeps,, slats, gp's ,, gpw, mb's, commandcars,, sold them all, if i go to a show(rarely, i like to take something a bit different. k51 k43 k44, coe's.ward la france, daimond t, c2 wreckers) ( i mostly do government supplier Private shows and airshows)
public forums,, public opinion.... the end...........good luck with the resto,, looks good.

most IH trucks have the red daimond motors,, i thought? although the larger trucks had the bigger motors(need my book)pretty common motor in ohio,, parts can be found, made or imported, if you know the right people... binder shows in ohio all the time,

i like the ih trucks for the heritage, and what many think of them as Marine corp trucks,, m 2 4,, etc
firetrucks,, are cool,, i do alot of airshows,, the "crash truck is really cool,, if you ever watch an old film, of b17, b24, b25 flying in, and crash landing,, look closely at the trucks rushing in,, wc54's, and fire trucks... Remember the dayton national air museum is 40 minutes from my house...Rickenbacker, 15 min, alot of history here.
big trucks arent for many people, especially those that liive in town.. i have space, and have my own restoration shop... and lifts..
Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406
gmcjimmy1944
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by gmcjimmy1944 »

6827vette,
Who the heck are you talking about? You must be talking about someone else> Get the facts straight before you go on a rant!! Anyone can buy CHEAP non- running vehicles and boast about their non running collection!!
Bill
gmcjimmy1944
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by gmcjimmy1944 »

68427vette,
Your starting to sound like MR Farber!
Bill
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

and i quote:

I tried to buy the crash truck with winch from them over a year ago. I offered $2k but they said no, their price is firm. Those trucks probably will become field ornaments because they will not sell at their asking price.
Bill

offering $2000 for trucks that they are asking $4500+ (insulting)

calling the kettle black????

Value is for a seller and buyer to determine....

not sure which SWB cckw you have.? i only look at buy specialty cckw varients? do you have a link? - i must be.............

i do have a nice collection...(cheap??? i have over 200-250K invested, i dare not add up,, ) ...took 3-4 years to get, and another to get another 22+ home, you can only take 3-5 to shows,, ( i have 2 car haulers)
the word collecting: to accumulate all of one kind, thats what we are all doing correct, on some level?
i ve never boasted to have all mine running. actually i tell most people i have a great UNRESTORED COLLECTION. i have some that i will never restore, they are survivors, Plus i like the original patina, My m16 quad mount halftrack, at all the shows, i tell them i'm going to do a repaint,(for 4 years), and 99% say DONT.. "it looks aged, weathered like we are." is what i hear... remember ORIGINAL IS ONLY a ONE TIME THING!!
Last edited by 68427vette on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

well i misqued,, on the airbonre truck.

HIS TRUCK IS THIS ONE:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1942-SWB ... 5fVehicles
$4500

i think he had it listed on the g503 for $8-9000
and publically asked why it didnt sell at $8-9000, and a few, maybe many say too high, priced, the ring cost $3-3500 etc, and he dropped the price all they way down to $4500 selling price on evil bay,, so YES, i stated it was over priced, and it was,,,, since you took a $4500 drop in starting price... , but i think you spray bombed painted it. for the ebay sale...

facts are: g503 listing $8000

http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p949641

ebay sale listing: $4500 :thumbup:

so yes i made the comment, that :thumbdown: $8000 was high,,, and was RIGHT!!!

he asked for quote: "Any input would be helpful"

if you read my comment i stated value at $3500-5000! BINGO!!!

SOLD FOR $4500 a fair value in this soft market

i didnt DISS your truck, i stated an educated value on it per your request.

i got my fact straight now,,, just wrong truck... :oops:

the airborne truck is the other one...... :wink:

cheap trucks?? my cheapest truck ive bought cost $4500, and the highest two were $30,000+ each, most are $5-10,000 each x 50-60 trucks,, i have no bones about the truth of what ive paid,, my wc11 panels,, $7-9000 each, dukw around 10k(after shipping cost of $2500 from cali) so, think i can come close to what is priced,,+ or - 500$,, i did get a few great deals...but the shipping adds up!!!$1000-2500 per truck

check my g503 post, for the facts....
Last edited by 68427vette on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
gmcjimmy1944
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by gmcjimmy1944 »

offering $2000 for trucks that they are asking $4500+ (insulting)
Insulting in who's book? yours?

calling the kettle black????
I'd look in the mirror on that one

Value is for a seller and buyer to determine
So where is the insult?

It is always refreshing to meet an expert collector, you don't meet them that often!!!
I guess each one of us will stand by our opinions on these great military trucks.
Bill
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

i stated your truck was valued at 3500-5000 it sold for 4500.. YES?
i am no expert,, just a die hard enthusiast, and see alot of trucks, ALOT

i think there are alot of expert collector, some are amazing to talk to, GORDON on this site,, is an amazing EXPERT dodge collector, and snowgo,, he wont tell you that,, but he is ... if you do dodges,, you know of gordon. i could name 10 or more,,, rod, brett, ernie, walley, jamie, bill(v of victory) jaap, ron, the BIG TANK/gun GUYS, tom wolbolt(gpw) clint, captin crank, and many many MANY more,, but i have to get up for the OH IH state game... in 3 hours... good luck with your MV collecting!!!!

remember those WEST COAST TRUCKS ARE NOT LIKE THE RUST COAST TRUCKS IN THE MIDWEST!!! those are NICE RUSTFREE EEE steel,, worth the extr$$ and extra shipping $$$$$$
gmcjimmy1944
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by gmcjimmy1944 »

Ok 68427vette,
Lets move on to collecting these fine machines!!
Bill :)
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

done deal,, if you make it to DAYTON 2011<, i'll buy first round!!! :thumbup: