Ford woa

All other trucks not mentioned above.
User avatar
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: San Diego California US of A

Re: Ford woa

Post by Vista52 »

Frederic,

There are photos of British General Montgomery using a vehicle like this in North Africa. I always thought it was a Humber but now I'm having doubts. Do you know the photos I mean?
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
Frédéric
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: CORSICA

Re: Ford woa

Post by Frédéric »

Vista52 wrote:Frederic,

There are photos of British General Montgomery using a vehicle like this in North Africa. I always thought it was a Humber but now I'm having doubts. Do you know the photos I mean?
Hello vista 52

I just find these photos from Ebay and some website


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

My kit is "a copy" of Robert Davey's Ford woa 2

I don't know the photo with General Montgomery
Can you see me ?
User avatar
Frankie
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:10 pm
My garage: 11-05-1943 Dodge WC 54 - 81643667
26-03-1942 Willy's MB - MB130887
194* Ben Hur (Willy's) trailer
07-1943 generator - Onan OTC 33B
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Ford woa

Post by Frankie »

Youre welcome ;)

I will take a look for the model of the car this week.
I have an article about a few different British vehicles so maybe I can find something.

Regards Frank
* Dodge WC 54 1943
* Polynorm 1/4 ton trailer
* Ben Hur 1 ton trailer 194*
* Willys MB 1942
* Onan OTC 33 B generator
User avatar
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: San Diego California US of A

Re: Ford woa

Post by Vista52 »

Hey Frederic,

You forgot the Starting Handle or Hand Crank :shock: !!!??? :D

It doesn't seem to have a "conventional" front bumper either. I like it! :)
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
Frédéric
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: CORSICA

Re: Ford woa

Post by Frédéric »

Frankie wrote:Youre welcome ;)

I will take a look for the model of the car this week.
I have an article about a few different British vehicles so maybe I can find something.

Regards Frank
Many Thanks Franck :thumbup:
Frédéric
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: CORSICA

Re: Ford woa

Post by Frédéric »

Vista52 wrote:Hey Frederic,

You forgot the Starting Handle or Hand Crank :shock: !!!??? :D

It doesn't seem to have a "conventional" front bumper either. I like it! :)
I don't forgotten the starting handle,it's here :

Image